News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steering column color

Started by six-tee-nine, April 14, 2010, 12:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-tee-nine

I'm on my way to tear my steering column apart and go trough it.
However I'm not too sure about the coloring of the outer tube. From what i've seen before i guess it is interior colored in stead of the common black ones I've seen.

Second question about painted metal on the interior : is it possible that all painted parts like insides of the doors, (the steering column) and for example the metal headliner moldings were painted flat or semi gloss insead of gloss (shiny)
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

The headliner sidemoldings should be semi gloss and the front molding should be flat. Since I have black interior my steering column
is semi gloss black.

per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

1969chargerrtse

I used the same type of paint I used on my dash for the steering column.  I got it at Mopaint. It's a textured semi flat black type of paint. Expensive stuff.  I also used it on my rear panel.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

gtx6970

Quote from: six-tee-nine on April 14, 2010, 12:08:09 PM
However I'm not too sure about the coloring of the outer tube. From what i've seen before i guess it is interior colored in stead of the common black ones I've seen.

Second question about painted metal on the interior : is it possible that all painted parts like insides of the doors, (the steering column) and for example the metal headliner moldings were painted flat or semi gloss insead of gloss (shiny)

the OE paint codes are in the factory service manual for every piece of the interior

maxwellwedge

Quote from: six-tee-nine on April 14, 2010, 12:08:09 PM

If you have the build sheet the column color should be on it.

Painted with the same type of paint as on the dash and some other interior parts. It was a paint with a "Suede" texture added originally. The suede is long gone thanks to the EPA.

ChargerST

Can someone post pics of their restored or original (in nice shape) columns?

RD

Quote from: ChargerST on April 16, 2010, 10:32:38 AM
Can someone post pics of their restored or original (in nice shape) columns?

here ya go, just restored this one for a 72 roadrunner.  flatblack enamel is what i used.  i used krylon black plastic paint on the turn signal stalk.

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

ipstrategies

I got my paint a]from tcpglobal very reasonable (if you need a color other then black) they use the original code and I needed Medium Dark Saddle and the did a great match on the paint for dash and column the Sem for the dash is not as good of match.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS