News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Replacing cat wiskers outsie the windows

Started by Spartan, April 19, 2009, 08:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

Hi guys,

I replaced my door panels, upper pads and was trying to change out the cat wiskers.  The inside ones were easy but the outside ones almost look like they are stapled in on a 69.  The don't pop out, I am just curious how anyone replaced those and how to refasten them.

Thanks in advance.

Brian
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Just 6T9 CHGR

If you are talking about the ones that are stapled onto the rear upper pads themselves, some have used small rivets or screws to hold them on.

The ones that are attached to the metal body itself are held in with clips that should be already attached to the whiskers
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Spartan

hmmm.  I was looking at the front doors.  The wiskers on the interior side look clipped in but the opposite side of the window they look like they are stapled...Maybe I should look again at those.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Hemidog

They should just be clipped on. I had to pull the outside ones out with pliers, because the were very rusty!

Winged 1

;)
If your looking at staples, they are on a long flat piece that has metal mounts that slide in and down to hold it in place. If they are old they will no doubt need a little coaxing to get removed. If the door panel is off you can reach up in side to feel them.
Best of luck,
Eric

charger2fast4u

didnt look at the outside ones yet. but the ones that are on the chrome trim on the door pads are stapled to my door pads. i'm replacing them now but don't know what to use to mount the new chrome trim and felt ones back on?

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: charger2fast4u on April 22, 2009, 11:41:55 AM
didnt look at the outside ones yet. but the ones that are on the chrome trim on the door pads are stapled to my door pads. i'm replacing them now but don't know what to use to mount the new chrome trim and felt ones back on?

This is just the problem I have right now, how did you solve it?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Long Island RT

My front door inside whiskers were separate from the upper door pad..? 
The new inside whiskers I bought (I think on EBay) included the chrome strip on top and had the staples pre-mounted and clipped on the door from the top down.  My door pads basically fit flush with the chrome trim.

The rear ones had to be screwed or riveted to the door pad - just be sure not to put any fasteners too close to the front, or they will hit the frame.

I will check my receipts if you need.
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

Patronus

with the glass up you can reach the clips from the inside of the door....
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE