News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aluminum water pump hose attachment questions

Started by YGBSM, April 14, 2010, 07:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YGBSM

simple question- I hope-

Got the new 496" engine in (I promise to post a bunch of pics later).  I switched to a Mopar aluminum water pump housing, and the coolant holes are different in number and location from the original.  So what holes should I use for the heater hoses, and where does the temp sensor screw in? 

Also, should I reuse the heater hose nipples or buy new ones?

Thanks!
'68 Charger R/T, numbers matching 440/727
Now with Hensley 496 stroker and Keisler 4-speed auto

Purple68

I wasn't planning on installing my heater so I just put plugs in mine. Now I've decided I want the heater so I'd like to know as well. Maybe this pic will help someone give us the answer. I'm putting new fittings on mine I ordered off ebay.  The temp sensor is on the drivers side on that housing.

YGBSM

Thanks for the pic.  Which hole does the temp sensor go into on the driver's side?  Thanks.
'68 Charger R/T, numbers matching 440/727
Now with Hensley 496 stroker and Keisler 4-speed auto

Purple68

My car is an hour away so I can't check now, but I thought there is only one hole on the drivers side. It should be 1/8 NPT for the sender.