News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone repro this hood?

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, December 11, 2005, 07:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

does anyone repro the hood of don carlton's 1972 mo town missile as seen on this model

anyone???

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Blown70

Matt that is just a tall cowl with a scoop on it.  It could be done but WHY?

I personally think they have much better options on the market than that.

Tom

THE CHARGER PUNK

because that car looks wicked-MATT

Troy

What I should have said was: people who make parts need someone to buy them or it's not worth their investment. You may think the hood is the greatest thing ever but a repro manufacturer needs a larger audience and I don't see a lot of people wanting to stick that on the front of their car. If a manufacturer has to choose between making that and say and AAR hood which would be more likely to generate a profit?

Troy

Headrope

Not the answer to your question, but wanted to make sure you were aware a hood like that would not work on the street. Your visibility would be incredibly limited - even if only on the strip.
That said, I think it looks menacing and cool.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

THE CHARGER PUNK

2 eaches own i guess i iike that car-MATT

jaak

I reproduce a hood like that every time I sit on the toilet!!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Dans 68

Quote from: Troy on December 11, 2005, 08:11:04 PM
Why would they?

Troy

Whenever I see a post by the youngster, I know that Troy is not far behind. Always good for a chuckle!  :icon_smile_big:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

twilt

that hood looks good to me. good.....................

Troy

Quote from: 73SEDan400 on December 12, 2005, 09:58:39 PM
Quote from: Troy on December 11, 2005, 08:11:04 PM
Why would they?

Troy

Whenever I see a post by the youngster, I know that Troy is not far behind. Always good for a chuckle!  :icon_smile_big:

Dan
I think it has to do with me being around here waaaaaay too much. ::)

Troy

Smoke20

Quote from: Troy on December 11, 2005, 08:40:02 PM.....If a manufacturer has to choose between making that and say and AAR hood which would be more likely to generate a profit?

Troy

Word. I had a thread not long ago about wanting a one peice 6 pack hood to only find out it's not available. It could be made by gluing a flat hood and a scoop together, but so could the one you're (F8 Punk) asking about.
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded