News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For the first time in 10 years...

Started by 71Charger500, December 10, 2005, 08:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71Charger500

Well I fired my charger today, first time I have ever, and first time the car's been started in 10 years or so.  Just open headers, the flowmasters not on it.   ;)  It sounded like my dads twin 575 40 foot Baja.  And the whole car shakes at idle.  Im so excited its almost ready.  :yesnod:
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

TruckDriver

Congrads!  :cheers: I hope to get mine running in the next 8 months for the first time in some 20 years.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

cudaken

Been sitting 10 years or a fresh engine and first time the car has had a running engine?

Ken
I am back

71Charger500

Quote from: cudaken on December 11, 2005, 10:04:15 AM
Been sitting 10 years or a fresh engine and first time the car has had a running engine?

Ken

I should've explained.  The engine has had a complete rebuild, but the car has never had a running engine.

Runner

ill bet your very excited,  nothing like getting the car running to motivate a guy to finish up the project.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

cudaken

As soon as I posted I knew who you where. Did you ever get the bible?

Did you have the machine shop blue print the deck height? What did you have done to the 383 as well?

Ken
I am back

71Charger500

Quote from: cudaken on December 11, 2005, 06:00:35 PM
As soon as I posted I knew who you where. Did you ever get the bible?

Did you have the machine shop blue print the deck height? What did you have done to the 383 as well?

Ken

Im pretty sure the deck height was blueprinted at the shop.  The 383 has new pistons boosting the compression ratio to rougly 9.5:1.  The heads are cast iron, but aftermarket ones that flow better.  The carb. is a brand new 650 cfm edlebrock competition series, which was sold with the car but was never driven with, which it turns out was is a $600-650 dollar carb.  It has a hyper energy cam or something along that line, and according to Caleb (the all knowing mechanic that built my engine because I don't know enough yet) its probabaly the best cam I could run in a 383 and will add a lot more power then stock or mild.  Keep in mind this is my first car, so if it seems pathetic that I don't know some of this, well...Im learning.  It has a 383 performer RPM dual plane edlebrock intake, and ceramic coated headman headers.  It has an electric distubitor and MSD, I don't think that will add any power but i really don't know.  There's a few other aftermarket things, but this is all im sure of.  I hope to dyno it, and am hoping for 400-420 horsepower.

cudaken

Sorry I have for got your fist name 71Charger500, but I get a lot of PM's and E-mails.

Only thing I know I don't like is.

"carb. is a brand new 650 cfm edlebrock competition series, which was sold with the car but was never driven with, which it turns out was is a $600-650 dollar carb".

A mild 383 "headers, and intake" likes a 750, in my case Holley 1310's. If the ron Heads are MP's they alone will want a bigger Carb. What you have will get you going down the road and but a smile on your faces. I think a better carb will wake it up more later.

What have you done for a fuel supply?

Ken

I am back