News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

K-member alignment?

Started by oldcarnut, April 18, 2010, 01:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Now that the front end is painted and the suspension was rebuilt, I'm putting back in the K-member.  The bolt shoulders are 3/4 and the holes in the k frame are 7/8.  Seems to leave some wiggle room.  Is there any special alignments to check other than making the steering box clears the inner fender?  I realize the front end alignment will take care of the wheels but just thinking that it would be possible to have it shift one way side/side or front/rear too much for other issues such as for motor and transmission straightness but the bolt holes are the only thing I see. 70 RR

Update--Went ahead and measured from the trailing edge on both sides to the edge of the same hole in each frame rail and got it the same and bolted it up tight.

maxwellwedge

Two of the holes are oval, two are round....Probably a tolerance concession for the assembly line. The shoulders on the bolts pretty well take up any slop on the round holes and it is going to go where it wants to so no worries.  :2thumbs: