News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Keisler - anyone else getting the run around??

Started by 1970Moparmann, April 12, 2010, 09:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

This is getting beyond frustrating now. :flame: :flame: :flame:   I ordered my f'ing trans last JUNE at the Hot Rod Power Tour, and to this day, I still don't have the correct speedo cable.  First, the cable was on "back order".  Then, it shipped around November, and it was the wrong one.  Sent it back, and then Keisler said it will ship within 3 weeks.... then 4 more weeks..... then it was to be here April 5th..... Now, today after following up, I'm going to get it maybe May 10th----WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sent Shafi many emails about this crap and he's going to send me a shirt - WOW, just what I want a freak'in shirt that says Keisler.  I'm waiting for him to ask me to park my car by his tent during the tour - HELL NO.   

I needed to vent a little bit about this crap - sorry! :brickwall:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

PocketThunder

Sounds like an opportunity to start making the parts yourself and selling them as "correction kits" to other Keisler buyers.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

firefighter3931

Sorry to hear that Mike....those delays are inexcusable.  :down:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

ITSA426

Keisler is one of only two people in this hobby that ever really, deeply screwed me. 

It's a very long story but I always feel free to tell when asked, and if time permits.  Right now time and space don't permit, but I tell people that I wouldn't spend another dime with him.  He blames everyone else he is associated with for his business problems.  The UPS man, some contract worker, etc... on and on.

I had to send him a copy of a cleared check once because he claimed he hadn't received payment -- six months after he cashed the check.  Then he couldn't find the parts I bought so he claimed he shipped them UPS but couldn't find any tracking info.

If you deal with him save every bit of paperwork and every receipt.  Document every conversation.  Better yet, buy from someone else or do without.

Rolling_Thunder

box their shit back up and send it back for a refund.       

there are other options for the same trans out there
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

200MPH

Agreed RT. this seems to be the Trend with this company  :Twocents:
Charger

Rolling_Thunder

I have posted many times about the problems I experienced with their products and Gene (If i remember correctly) has always seemed to find and argue most of the problems - I have even been told that it is my job to "make it work" --- 

I understand that **** happens - I understand that but something like this pisses me off....      they already have your money so why would you be a priority for them?

I feel that this is the type of situation where customer service is proven excellent or horrible. Either they go the extra mile and get you what you need even after they have your $$$ or they are too busy to take care of their customers....           

I personally think Keisler Engineering thinks its getting too "big time" - it's nice to see them in Mopar Muscle and every other damn car magazine but honestly - you don't build a 'Kuda to showcase your products when you have not taken care of your customers -

We all see this is not an isolated incident with this company -

1970Moparmann

The best part is a guy in the tech support department kept telling me they sent something out that they didn't.... I don't get it!

I sent a pretty strong email today saying, don't send me a t-shirt, and don't ask me to park my car in the Keisler tent during the Power Tour, it isn't going to happen...

Once again, wait and see.........

I've spent a crap load on my car and never have I worked with such a piss poor customer service of a company.  I can go on and on how I would call, no response.  Call again and again and again until someone picked up.  Unbelievable......

:RantExplode:

Rolling_Thunder

In all honesty brother - some people (Keisler) seem to be motivated by two things...       1) Money       2) a swift kick in the ass

I bet if you ordered what you needed and paid for it, it would show up without a problem...       

KEISLERGENE

To the Op and the rest of you on the bashing ban wagon. The 68 cars should have a thread on cable. His is a push on.

He ordered his trans 6-19  It was ordered with the correct thread on for a 68 Charger.  He sent back the cable in Feb stating it was the wrong one. 69 and up should be push on 68 and older should be thread. We have run into this a couple of times. My emails to Mike have been to try and understand which he had. In the meantime due to quality control on previous cables we sourced them here in the US by a well know OE supplier. We have all the replacements on order and they are in process. Mike has just been caught in the middle. So we are trying to improve and offer a better quality part and it is hurting us in the long run until they come in. 

Mike I will look into a faster solution due to the fact we were given a longer lead time in the last few days.

GENE
KEISLER TECH SALES
888-609-0070 EXT 211
gene@keislerauto.com

KEISLERGENE

I bet if you ordered what you needed and paid for it, it would show up without a problem...       

Wrong have those on order there not available even if he purchased one.

Alex the issues you had with Keisler where when you worked at ICON correct? If so I remember quite well the reason you had problems. Every time someone comes on here and post anything about Keisler there you are. I know you are respected on many forums. The problems you had were because who ever was doing the install could not read instructions. Keisler will never warranty anyone who doesn't follow the instructions. The instructions are there for a reason to insure you have the trans properly installed. Like when you for instance don't check to make sure you bell run out is correct and you burn up input shafts and then blame us, It becomes an problem. It happens all the time and we get blamed for it. It sucks but its part of the business.

So please quit bashing and leave it alone. We do this more often and are going to screw up sometimes. Like in this instance this got out of line because we were trying to improve on the parts in the kit.

Also to the guy who has a long story about Keisler you must hold a really long grudge. If you were dealing with Shafi on an order it has to be a long time ago.

Guys we are going to make mistakes and like any company we may not always handle them right. To the guys with personal experience with Keisler sorry you had issue's.  I doubt if we were always this bad we could still be in business.

To the op this is handled and you will have a cable shipped by the end of the week.

GENE
KEISLER TECH SALES
888-609-0070 EXT 211
gene@keislerauto.com

1970Moparmann

Quote from: KEISLERGENE on April 13, 2010, 12:06:12 PM
To the Op and the rest of you on the bashing ban wagon. The 68 cars should have a thread on cable. His is a push on.

He ordered his trans 6-19  It was ordered with the correct thread on for a 68 Charger.  He sent back the cable in Feb stating it was the wrong one. 69 and up should be push on 68 and older should be thread. We have run into this a couple of times. My emails to Mike have been to try and understand which he had. In the meantime due to quality control on previous cables we sourced them here in the US by a well know OE supplier. We have all the replacements on order and they are in process. Mike has just been caught in the middle. So we are trying to improve and offer a better quality part and it is hurting us in the long run until they come in. 

Mike I will look into a faster solution due to the fact we were given a longer lead time in the last few days.

Gene, for one, it was never brought up about the end of the cable period.  Don't say I ordered this cable this way, when I didn't.  When it was sent, and yes finally opened, it was wrong.  When this was known, a call was placed and it was perfectly explained that 'WE WILL NOT SHIP YOU THE CORRECT CABLE UNTIL WE RECEIVE THE WRONG ONE BACK.  So, the cable was shipped back asap, and nothing happened until this was confirmed.  As for the ends of the cable in a 68, I'll wait to see the responses from the Mopar knowledge base people about when this was changed.  Never the less, this does not answer why the customer service has been poor at best and the continued promises.  If it shipped at the end of Feb, as what the first promise was, I would have been happy, but no.  

Maybe this should be a wake up call to change the communication processes and support structure of the company to better serve customers.  It was plain impossible to get in touch with anyone.  Perception will make or break a company, and you'll see the perception is not good.  A good company will listen and react.  

I'm glad that you are trying to correct this before the May 15th date from the manufacturer - I hope this happens.  :2thumbs:

I'm done with this and will not defend any longer.  I told you this yesterday.....

Rolling_Thunder

I understand that Gene - one of my co-workers installed the transmission and that resulted. That is not what I am talking about - I had issues with your hydraulic clutch set up -     

I know my boss was the one being a pest with your company and maybe that's why a lot of the issues occurred - however when I have one or two negative experiences I do not cast a big sign saying your company is this or that - I just mention i have had issues.  The topic of this thread was on poor customer service and we do seem to hear this more often than not.

I have ordered a pilot bearing bushing from you guys (two of them actually) and have had no issues whatsoever...   

Oh and Gene - with all this stuff aside I'll post up here publicly so everyone can see  YOUR COMPANY MAKES GREAT PRODUCTS! that has never been the debate.

Gene - also just for an FYI (no saying you are wrong just giving my experience) My speedo is a push on style...    It is an early production 68 Charger. 

KEISLERGENE

Gene - also just for an FYI (no saying you are wrong just giving my experience) My speedo is a push on style...    It is an early production 68 Charger. 

That is what we are thinking this will have to be a new question from now on.

Strange Ford and Chevy are the same and until recently Mopar has been too. I had another call on this yesterday same thing.
GENE
KEISLER TECH SALES
888-609-0070 EXT 211
gene@keislerauto.com

oldschool

He ordered his trans 6-19  It was ordered with the correct thread on for a 68 Charger.  He sent back the cable in Feb stating it was the wrong one. 69 and up should be push on 68 and older should be thread. We have run into this a couple of times. My emails to Mike have been to try and understand which he had. In the meantime due to quality control on previous cables we sourced them here in the US by a well know OE supplier. We have all the replacements on order and they are in process. Mike has just been caught in the middle. So we are trying to improve and offer a better quality part and it is hurting us in the long run until they come in.  

not bashing but,hearing the way you talk down to your customers....makes it so i'll never buy your stuff :down:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

charger Downunder

Ask the question push on or screw on cable when someone orders a kit. The cars are over 40 years old and very likely things have been changed. In business always try and think ahead of problems and solve them before they occur. Now that is customer service. If this cable issue comes up again you need to improve on your business practices. Keep up the good work developing things for our cars.
[/quote]

KEISLERGENE

[

[/quote]

not bashing but,hearing the way you talk down to your customers....makes it so i'll never buy your stuff :down:
[/quote]

:confused: what about that post was considered talking down? I was explaining the situation and letting him know I was looking for another solution.
GENE
KEISLER TECH SALES
888-609-0070 EXT 211
gene@keislerauto.com

69fuchs

Gene, please update your information.  (Or research the subject)  1968 Mopars have the push on style spedo cable. That is the rule, not the exception.

1967 and older have the screw on spedo cable.  This is a well known fact.

Tom Q

Gene
You slither just like your boss. Your company's product  is always suspect and and the customer service has never improved [8+ years now]. A web search reveals other car people with non mopars having similar customer service problems over and over again.

Your advertising is deceitful as well as there is no such thing as a perfect fit in a mopar without cutting the car as the tremec trans is too tall to fit. I could post pics to prove it but I would rather you put your foot farther in your mouth and call me a liar.   A  "perfect fit" would mean the tail shaft of your trans is in the exact same geometric position [x,y,z plane] as the stock mopar transmission.  Any reasonably intelligent person understands how important it is to have the tail shaft in the correct geometric position or compromises in integrity and safety occur. You do understand geometric tolerancing, don't you?.  Maybe you need to read a textbook or two.

I am one of those people who really love to drive their car fast under controlled conditions on the road course. Let me translate that for you -
250 miles of high speed laps reaching speeds of 130 mph every lap. If your product is so good then why is it not in my car???  I will answer that for you-because your product is inferior and not to be trusted under duress.  Don't come on here and insult our intelligence either as we are sick of your pandering and lies. 

I will never stop telling people how your company tried really hard to screw me [before you got there] but lost in the end thanks to honest people who work for the credit card bank.   I see the customer screwing has not stopped even with you there. Your company has no integrity and you should seek a more honest line of work. 

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

YGBSM

Wow some of you guys are harsh.  I just met Gene for the first time yesterday when I visited Keisler to check out their overdrive automatic.  He was very professional and knowledgeable, and took the time to answer my questions and take me for a ride in the 'Cuda they have.  I ended up ordering a kit.  I promise to report back (positive or negative) once the transaction is complete and the transmission is installed in my car, but so far I have to say that Gene is a nice guy and that the negative comments are not borne out by my experience.

And no, I am not affiliated with Keisler at all.
'68 Charger R/T, numbers matching 440/727
Now with Hensley 496 stroker and Keisler 4-speed auto

1970Moparmann

In all fairness, I did do some research and have not heard any issues in terms of quality.  I bought the 600, and it should work out fine.  I will tell you first impression of the trans is great.  The clutch is very impressive and the short throws of the trans I like a lot.  I've only driven my car around the block so far, but I'll report back on my impression of the unit itself. 

As I put above, perception is so important to a company.  Gene, I sent the emails I did because I did feel you were very defensive.  Maybe your not, but the perception was you are. 

Bottom line, work on a plan to beef up the communication and support for the end users and things will turn around.  I think you do have a good product, at least for my application and look forward to years of driving with it.  :2thumbs:

KEISLERGENE

Tom Q is a man that you cant make happy. Tom do me a favor this year stop by the booth at Carlisle so we can iron this all out and get you over this little issue you have had for years.
GENE
KEISLER TECH SALES
888-609-0070 EXT 211
gene@keislerauto.com

elacruze

Quote from: Tom Q on April 14, 2010, 05:58:56 AM
You slither just like your boss. Your company's product  is always suspect...

Your advertising is deceitful as well ...

...your product is inferior and not to be trusted under duress. 

...we are sick of your pandering and lies. 

I will never stop telling people how your company tried really hard to screw me...

...I see the customer screwing has not stopped even with you there. Your company has no integrity and you should seek a more honest line of work. 

Gee Tom, that's harsh.
Do you know what 'slander' is?
Even if you supported these assertions, which you haven't, and can't, you could be in court over these statements.

I doubt if any "Reasonably Intelligent Person" is going to give much weight to your invisible 8-year-old issue anyway.
I'm making this response because you used the term "We". I don't let others speak for me, so don't.

Just Sayin'.

No, I have nothing to do with Keisler. I went with the a833/Gear Vendors.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

bill440rt

Quote from: YGBSM on April 14, 2010, 07:19:28 AM
Wow some of you guys are harsh.  I just met Gene for the first time yesterday when I visited Keisler to check out their overdrive automatic.  He was very professional and knowledgeable, and took the time to answer my questions and take me for a ride in the 'Cuda they have.  I ended up ordering a kit.  I promise to report back (positive or negative) once the transaction is complete and the transmission is installed in my car, but so far I have to say that Gene is a nice guy and that the negative comments are not borne out by my experience.

:iagree:

I installed their Stage 2 auto O/D trans in my '69. While there were a few minor snafus (and I do mean MINOR), their tech support was always very helpful & I ALWAYS got someone on the phone. If I needed an additional part or a replacement part, it was on my doorstep in just a few days. The driveshaft alone arrived within 4-5 days after I sent them the specs. Now THAT'S customer service!!
I've driven the car only a few times now on short trips, and have to say the trans is performing very well. And, I'm no pro shop or a spokesperson for Keisler either, just some poor schlub tinkering in his own home garage.
:Twocents:

PS - You want my car at the Keisler booth at Carlisle this year??  :D
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

KEISLERGENE

Yes keep in touch. We are getting more space this year. So we will have the room.  :2thumbs:
GENE
KEISLER TECH SALES
888-609-0070 EXT 211
gene@keislerauto.com

YGBSM

I promised to report back after my Keisler automatic went in, so here it is.  Sales and service was very good.  Gene promptly responded to my emails and the transmission arrived more or less exactly when he said it would.  I did not do the transmission swap myself (ran out of time when my son was born) so I don't know how easy it would be to do it yourself.  However, I now have about 300 miles on the transmission and it is working very well.  Absolutely no vibration and it is so much smoother than a Torqueflite- there is just no comparison between the two. 
On a 200 mile interstate trip I was driving between 70-80 mph and getting about 15 mpg out of a 496 stroker.  I'm hoping to get more with some tuning.
'68 Charger R/T, numbers matching 440/727
Now with Hensley 496 stroker and Keisler 4-speed auto

resq302

Quote from: bill440rt on April 15, 2010, 08:33:16 PM
Quote from: YGBSM on April 14, 2010, 07:19:28 AM

:iagree:

I installed their Stage 2 auto O/D trans in my '69. While there were a few minor snafus (and I do mean MINOR), their tech support was always very helpful & I ALWAYS got someone on the phone. If I needed an additional part or a replacement part, it was on my doorstep in just a few days. The driveshaft alone arrived within 4-5 days after I sent them the specs. Now THAT'S customer service!!
I've driven the car only a few times now on short trips, and have to say the trans is performing very well. And, I'm no pro shop or a spokesperson for Keisler either, just some poor schlub tinkering in his own home garage.
:Twocents:

PS - You want my car at the Keisler booth at Carlisle this year??  :D

Damn, Bill.  you're going to need to hire someone to ship all those cars out there to Carlisle this year!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

charger2fast4u

i figured i'd  share my experience with Keisler. i bought a tko600 for my 68 charger last year i have not installed it yet but i'm sure there won't be any problems with it. although i also bought the same trans for my 73 challenger last year to from them. i installed it and it drives smooth and am happy with the change from the 727 automatic. didn't run into any issues with anything bolting in other then i wish you didn't have to weld in a new trans tunnel. only bad thing i had with them was they never sent me the clutch reservoir and all the lines. i called them up told them my problem and i had the parts within days. also i called them acouple times for some questions on installation and always got some one on the phone to answer everything. and needed to order offset pins and driveshaft and got them fast as well. thanks for making 5 speeds for our cars what's the update on 6 speeds for 68-70 chargers i'd like to get one and trade my still in box TKO600 for one.

Patronus

I apologize for being a little naive here, but what would the alternative be for a new 5 speed besides the 'industry standard' Keisler?  :shruggy:
:popcrn:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Supercharged Riot

Start a lawsuit man.

a year into your order an no complete transmission?

I'd raise all kinds of hell with those guys.

too much bad feedback from them.

I'll steer people away from their business

I hate seeing people get ripped off.

1970Moparmann

I think based on what my experience was, it finally made an impact because I have personally heard better stories recently.   The one thing I will share is because of my story, I wound up calling Tremec directly and they did give me two other dealers as a just in case.  I did talk have a "contingency plan" ready with another dealer and what surprised me was after I told him my issue, he replied "I can get you a speedo cable in 2 days...."  I don't know what the issue is/was with Keisler besides the "supplier issue" with the cable, but other companies seem to have other means. 

On another note, as some of you may know based on other threads, I did get my car done for the Hot Rod Power Tour, and did put 1,600 miles on it.  The trans does work well, and am very pleased with it.  I have a 3.73 gear and when the car is over 60 MPH, 5th gear is asset.  We cruised anywhere from 70 - 75 on the highway, and it made a huge difference.  It's definitely nice having the 5th gear when doing a long distance trip. 

Just wanted to share the info. :2thumbs: