News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POS molding remover

Started by Hemidog, April 11, 2010, 12:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

Can someone tell me how this %"&/%# thing works?
Can't  get my windshield trim off, and I don't think im using the tool right....

Belgium R/T -68

I used a fork, a normal one used to eat with. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

b5blue

I used one....it works well but it is kinda "hairy" till you get the hang of it. (my paint is crappy so I had no worry about scratches) You engage the side of the clip and pull it up by angling the tip of the tool just enough to release the tiny cup on the clip that holds onto the inside lip of the trim the first 1 or 2 are a bear then it gets easier. You have to gently pull the trim out with the clip unhooked. Take your time!  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

That one is the best one out there for our clips....you have to hook the point under the clip & rotate the handle down towards the pinchweld channel to create a prying effect...the trim will pop off with some practice
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

I used that one on my car.  You just have to have it in the right spot.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69*F5*SE

I have one of those tools. I had no idea what it was till now, thanks.    :icon_smile_big:

Chatt69chgr

Drop by the junkyard and practice on one of the garden variety Mopars that are not desirable for saving or resto.  Maybe one where the trim is already bent or crushed.  Practice makes perfect.

68X426

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on April 12, 2010, 08:01:59 PM
Drop by the junkyard and practice on one of the garden variety Mopars that are not desirable for saving or resto.  Maybe one where the trim is already bent or crushed.  Practice makes perfect.

Great advice!! :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

NHCharger

Yes that's the right tool. As others have mentioned it takes a little practice to find the sweet spot. Once you hook on to the side of the clip and rotate the tool to pull the clip away from the trim try pulling up on the trim with your free hand. Once you get the first clip off the rest are a lot easier.
Another issue might be the trim is caulked in. Most backyard mechanics use caulking to fix any type of window leak. I had a terrible time getting trim off both my Chargers. Someone used roofing cement on the rear window of my 71 ::)
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Hemidog

Thanks guys, I'll try to be patient.
Not that many mopar junkyards in Norway  ;)
The trim has been off, but I need to take it of again because I have to add some more butyl so it doesnt leak.

b5blue

:yesnod: That's exactly why my trim is off  (and I bought that tool) only to have it be the longest winter in many years here, I'm waiting for 80 degrees for months now, were almost there!