News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tail Stripe installation, is there a step by step anywhere?

Started by timmycharger, November 01, 2016, 08:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

I never have any luck using the search function when looking for something. Is there an existing thread somewhere on the proper way to install a stripe?  I am getting close to putting mine on and would like to read up on it a bit.

I am good with the location part of it, got tons of pics already, I am more interested in the process. Thanks guys!  :cheers:

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

68 RT

You can do it wet or dry. Wet is the best and very forgiving. Mark out location with grease pencil, have a spray bottle full of diluted windex or soapy water, some say not to use windex with ammonia but I have and never had a problem. I did the sides on my 68 first then the trunk. 1st don't get in a hurry, keep areas wet, pull off sticky side of stripe, you can spray it down too, put on car, line up with marks, use a rubber squeeze to get out any air bubbles. leave enough overlap to go down into trunk groove. Let dry. If you have any small bubbles they can be remove by poking a pin in them and pushing them out. Do not remove the outer paper till it is completely dry, Mine took about 1 hour and it was mildly humid. Oh there is a left and right stripe, make sure the area you are working in is clean.

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

timmycharger

Of course, I should have known to check out his build  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

thanks for the input guys, much appreciated :cheers: