News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first barn find from 1997, 70 road runner

Started by moparstuart, April 10, 2010, 11:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

Do you still have the Belvedere....and the van too.....
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on April 11, 2010, 01:06:35 PM
Do you still have the Belvedere....and the van too.....
van is long gone , long story short on the belevedeer , I have the title and wish i still had the car ,  The body guys who ripped me off for 5 k and stole my first green superbird wing has the car , and wont give it back. Says i owe him storage and i just was so pissed at the time i wrote him and the car off . Who know i may try to go get it back but it need every thing underneath , floors quarters trunk frame so i just didnt fight it.

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

About three years after all this happened I finally persuaded my mom to move back up here to kansas city , She was about an hour and 1/2 away and all alone in this big money pit. The house was very cool but just not practical. So i had to go back down and move every thing up here to a new storage place . FUN FUN FUN

superbirdtom

mopar runs waaay back in the bloodlines,  those are some  pricey collectible little cars hung up  and a lota great stuff.  very  good to have you for a brother.

moparstuart

Quote from: superbirdtom on April 12, 2010, 10:45:30 AM
mopar runs waaay back in the bloodlines,  those are some  pricey collectible little cars hung up  and a lota great stuff.  very  good to have you for a brother.
Thanks tom and yes I have a great mopar family to help with the loss of my real brother .

crusty440

moparstuart

Quote from: crusty440 on April 12, 2010, 11:03:56 AM
Great stuff, amazing house!
it was a cool house just not at all practical ,   

69bronzeT5

Very cool story Stuart!!!! :cheers: Could I use the pictures and story for my website? (when I finally get my ass around to updating it :icon_smile_wink:) Got any current pictures of the car? :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 14, 2010, 12:07:14 AM
Very cool story Stuart!!!! :cheers: Could I use the pictures and story for my website? (when I finally get my ass around to updating it :icon_smile_wink:) Got any current pictures of the car? :popcrn:
sure use them as you will ,  No unfortunatly the car is back buried under a ton of parts in my rental house in raytown . It has been there since 2000 gathering more dust  :smilielol: :smilielol: But thats great for me because i can have another barn find one day .   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

cool pics . i see where you got the mopar bug from . he sure was into it . diggin the house too  :2thumbs:

i guess the house is long gone by now?
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on April 14, 2010, 10:34:20 AM
cool pics . i see where you got the mopar bug from . he sure was into it . diggin the house too  :2thumbs:

i guess the house is long gone by now?
Yes mom sold it in 2000

mystarcollectorcar.com

great story-that must have been a huge thrill to find a Runner in a garage even in the 90s.

moparstuart

I have sold my shelby charger i have owned since 1989 , this should free up a little cash and storage space to work on restoring some of my other cars .

moparstuart

:popcrn:  NEVER RENT TO FAMILY  LOL     my rental house is empty and I have to do a ton of work to it

here are some shots of how my 70- 4speed car sits today

moparstuart

we went to my reantal house yesterday to assess all the work it needs to get it rerented ,  so i took some pictures of the 70  

add on air grabber hood off a red car my brother also owner

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5: you can make out the reverse light and shifter ring on the hump  it was originally a bench car , but I have a console and console style pistol grip for the car .

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5:  car has a 3:54 dana rear under it  ,its a post with push out rear windows

jb666

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thread is nothing short of amazing. Thank you for sharing the details!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on November 21, 2010, 01:03:35 PM
Nice car Stu  :2thumbs:
its a keeper  just wish i had more time and cash to devote to it , but its on the list 

68blue

Great car, pictures and story. Best of luck with the car, I am restoring my grandmother's brother's 68. I rememeber when he bought it new and going for a ride in it for the first time.