News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiring harness - which ones are the best?

Started by 68RRFlyer, April 10, 2010, 09:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68RRFlyer

Hey Fellers and Fellettes,

I'll be starting the reassembly of my coworker's 68 Charger later this month and I'll be wanting to order the wiring harnesses for the car next week.  What's the consensous out there with regards to the best ones available?  I thought I read that the ones Year One offers are the best.  Is that correct?  I'm replacing everything except the dash harness.  Also, any idea if they are an item that is a special order item only (meaning they take 2-4 years to actually show up at my house! :eyes:) or are they something that's in stock, typically? :scratchchin:  YO is closed today, so no help there, and I head out of the states on another trip later today and not back until midweek.  Just curious. Thanks for the help! :2thumbs:

Cheers  :cheers:   
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

b5blue

Unless you want to "make" one they are the only players in that field I know of, the way to go there is combine discounts for large orders and add a seasonal % off deal at the same time.  :yesnod:  I have heard they are a very nice product but be certain of every option so it is set-up just as you need it. I would recommend doing a "search here" on this topic to look for any "issues" others may have had and be prepared to wait for your order as it may need to be manufactured for you.

E5 Charger

I haven't purchased any, but have read that this company is also good. www.evanswiring.com/

mauve66

yo has a 20% off right now, thats the most you'll get and shipping for a wiring harness is fairly cheap
evans doesn't do everything i needed but they might for your car
i waited 2 months for 1 harness from yo, but it will be here tuesday so........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

RECHRGD

Mega Parts carries them but I don't know who makes them.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

tan top

M&H harnesses , but can only get then through year one !! , but think other places order them now , but not sure  :shruggy: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Troy

Quote from: 68RRFlyer on April 10, 2010, 09:57:19 AM
Hey Fellers and Fellettes,

I'll be starting the reassembly of my coworker's 68 Charger later this month and I'll be wanting to order the wiring harnesses for the car next week.  What's the consensous out there with regards to the best ones available?  I thought I read that the ones Year One offers are the best.  Is that correct?  I'm replacing everything except the dash harness.  Also, any idea if they are an item that is a special order item only (meaning they take 2-4 years to actually show up at my house! :eyes:) or are they something that's in stock, typically? :scratchchin:  YO is closed today, so no help there, and I head out of the states on another trip later today and not back until midweek.  Just curious. Thanks for the help! :2thumbs:

Quote from: tan top on April 10, 2010, 05:45:23 PM
M&H harnesses , but can only get then through year one !! , but think other places order them now , but not sure  :shruggy: :popcrn:
The main wiring (dash harness) is only produced by M&H. Year One has an exclusive vendor agreement. Other vendors (like The Paddock) may buy these from Year One but, because of that, their prices tend to be a lot higher. I just wait for a 20% off code and buy the harnesses for the whole car at once because it puts the order over $1,000 which qualifies for an additional discount. It's the only thing I'll order from Year One and the only time. They are regular production items (not special order) and I've never had to wait on any back orders.

Quote from: E5 Charger on April 10, 2010, 11:59:43 AM
I haven't purchased any, but have read that this company is also good. www.evanswiring.com/
Evans doesn't make a dash harness. I'm not sure what all they make but their engine wiring harnesses seem to be pretty good (and they'll customize them as well).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1968Dodge

We've had great luck with Evans wiring harnesses- nice people and a really nice product. I don't think they list everything they make on their website. It might be worth a phone call to see if they can make what you want. It's not cheap to buy a new harness but really convenient to plug in new, clean connectors and be done!
'68 Charger R/T. Mild 440, 3.54 Dana.

mauve66

the most you can get from yo is 20%, you don't get the volume discount when using the 20% code, i already told them they should change the policy but it still saved me $200
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

36 Dodge Brothers

I purchased one from YO not to long ago but it was the one for modern ignition and for a dual field alternator, it took about 6 weeks to receive. I called them after about four weeks and they told me that they could ship out the stock one since they had it in stock. So, it sounds like they might keep stock configuration harnesses in stock but the modified one has to be special ordered.

Marco
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

68RRFlyer

OK, good info.  Thanks gang.  I'll call them when I get back this week.  They are stock harnesses, not anything custom.  Keeping the original dash harness so it'll just be the rest of them I'll need.   I think it'll be YO.

Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

mauve66

code   buy4    is supposed to be good until the 4-15, after that you may have to wait till memorial day or something
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment