News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wait or change?

Started by Belgium R/T -68, March 22, 2010, 02:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you go to another painter or wait?

Wait untill he has time.
6 (40%)
Find a new one.
9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Belgium R/T -68

As you know my trunklid has to be painted since the "first" one doesn't fit although I asked him to testfit it before painting.
Now he tells me he can only help me at the end of june :brickwall: which I think is a way of saying he don't want to do it because
he can't charge me because of the above. So what would you do? Find another paintshop and pay full price and enjoy the spring
with the charger OR wait him out with the risc of loosing a big part of the season when it comes to meetings and shows?
I will be able to drive the car ofcourse with the "old" trunk but since he also still has to buff/polish/wetsand the car after the "new" trunk is done I don't want to show it for the first time with a paintjob that isn't ready and the rear stripe isn't there.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

69*F5*SE

Per, I say drive it  till you get it taken care of.   :yesnod:   :drive:  You'll just be missing out on half the season.

twodko

Per,

I say drive it also. You've worked so hard on your stunning car, don't let this small set back deny you attending shows and gatherings in your area this season. The car is beautiful enough as it is to set peoples' heads spinning.

As for the painter, insist he finish the job sooner rather than later. Please don't pay someone else to finish the job this guy should be willing to do and quickly at that! I feel like this guy is jerking you around...don't stand for it! Good luck

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Belgium R/T -68

I know guys and I surely will drive it as soon as I can but I just wanted so bad that it would have been buffed to be able to
see the nice colour in the sun.

Per

Wicked72

If its not to hard on your finances I say take you business else where but from what it looks like, they did an amazing job so you wouldnt want to get a second rate job done if another place cant make it perfect. I would flip out getting treated like that...  :brickwall:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

PocketThunder

Put the green deck lid on with a small sign reading who did the paint job and tell your painter you'll take the sign off the car as soon as he fixes it..   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

lisiecki1

make sure the sign says "Paint and Panel Selection by:"
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

moparstuart

I would say at least shop around and get an estimate ?  Also tell them you have another car in the works that will need painted soon maybe that will hook the new body shop. Maybe you will find a better shop to do your paint work .  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

I would ask the guy what he means. Ask him point blank if what he's saying means he really doesn't want to do it or he's just too busy. That would probably help you make your decision.

4cruzin

I guess it would depend how much it would cost to have it done.  I would be worried that the quality wouldn't be as good if the current guy is doing A+ work.    :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

tan top

put the green one back & drive the car !! for now !1 what i can't work out ,  too busy !! how long to test fit a deck lid  & adjust  :shruggy: 15 minutes max !!  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 22, 2010, 03:20:25 PM
Put the green deck lid on with a small sign reading who did the paint job and tell your painter you'll take the sign off the car as soon as he fixes it..   :Twocents:

That's great because that trunklid had to be reworked anyway, in fact the only paintfault on the car. :2thumbs:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: moparstuart on March 22, 2010, 03:36:21 PM
I would say at least shop around and get an estimate ?  Also tell them you have another car in the works that will need painted soon maybe that will hook the new body shop. Maybe you will find a better shop to do your paint work .  :Twocents:

Another good proposal, with the challenger coming up this variant can be very interesting. :yesnod:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: tan top on March 22, 2010, 04:25:44 PM
put the green one back & drive the car !! for now !1 what i can't work out ,  too busy !! how long to test fit a deck lid  & adjust  :shruggy: 15 minutes max !!  :scratchchin:

I can drive with the green one although misaligned and a paintfault, he don't seems to have time for the original white one which
needs a total paintjob.

Per

69chargerrt440

I say change. i wouldn`t wont wait to get my charger out. If interested im in ohio, i restore cars and my brother paints them, if your interested he might be able to do it for you. What do you think? If you look under Cars for sale my 69 Charger R/T ( Red with black top and interior) my brother and i restored is on there.
When your Charger is sideways, just give it more gas!

stripedelete

WAIT!!!!!   

In the mean time, I will come over there and drive it. ;D

Tilar

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 22, 2010, 03:20:25 PM

"Put the green deck lid on with a small sign reading who did the paint job and that as soon as he finds time to finish your good one the car will be complete." and then date when it got to the point it is at now. Be sure he sees this sign.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

HITMAN 149

go over there with a Torque wrench!!!! muahahahaha :flame:
that's BULL$HIT!! he should finish what he started... and do the work right!!!! end of june?!?! wtf!!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

TylerCharger69

If all that needs to be done is the deck lid, and the rest of the car is finished.....It should only take about two/two and a half hours to wetsand, buff and polish out that decklid......June???  I'd be lighting a fire under his assets

bill440rt

Quote from: twodko on March 22, 2010, 02:44:39 PM
Per,

I say drive it also. You've worked so hard on your stunning car, don't let this small set back deny you attending shows and gatherings in your area this season. The car is beautiful enough as it is to set peoples' heads spinning.

As for the painter, insist he finish the job sooner rather than later. Please don't pay someone else to finish the job this guy should be willing to do and quickly at that! I feel like this guy is jerking you around...don't stand for it! Good luck

Tom

I agree with Tom here.
And, bad news travels fast. PocketThunder also makes a great point. Good luck, Per. I'm pulling for ya.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Patronus

Crazy its just the deck lid, most people would just stick a guy on it and be done in a day and have you on your way...
I would run the green one and put a big wing on the back...and a big nose on the front...and... :wave:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Belgium R/T -68

Told him I want the trunklid done and the complete car wetsanded/buffed before end of april. Now I will leave for Sweden for
2 weeks so I hope he got my message.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Found a paintshop who works with older cars, got a nice offer for the trunklid when I told them about the challenger. :2thumbs:
It's rather close to where I live so that will make life easier ones I have to take the car over there AND next week I will have my
old trunklid painted. :icon_smile_big:

Per

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN