News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tire size

Started by herhemi, April 08, 2010, 10:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herhemi

I brought my Plum Crazy home yesterday from Indy,  drove very much like my Top Banana. 
The Tires are Good Year 20 inch.  It seems like the ride is a little stiff.  It seems like it maybe should have come
with 18's.  Will my ride be smoother if I go back to those?
Thanks for any thoughts/ideas!

PocketThunder

Yes i do believe that the smaller rim size will give you more sidewall which gives you more cushion in the tire to absorb the bumps. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 09, 2010, 09:53:27 AM
Yes i do believe that the smaller rim size will give you more sidewall which gives you more cushion in the tire to absorb the bumps. 

:iagree:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

lisiecki1

smaller wheel size + larger aspect ratio = more "cushioned" ride  :2thumbs:
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

ITSA426

The Sublime my brother's looking at has 20s also.  I think they ride rougher.  Must have been an 07 thing.

moparstuart

we need pictures of your new ride
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

herhemi

Thanks, Everybody.... I will get pics on here this weekend.  She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

My '08 Daytona had the 20's (chrome clad rims) on it....really wasnt TOO bad even on crappy NYC streets...

ITSA426 is correct.... '07 started the 20" chrome clad wheels

Chris' '69 Charger R/T