News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PCV valve covers but no PCV system (Warning Ford question)

Started by DrHemi, April 07, 2010, 10:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrHemi

So I bought these new valve covers for my 63 Fairlane and they have a hole and grommet for a PCV valve. Only problem is my 260 didn't come with a PCV system just a tube up front with one of those breather caps. I checked the engine on my 64 Fairlane but it didn't have the original air cleaner. I'm already going to have 2 oil breather caps (stock and the one on the new valve cover) and I'm starting to think I'm going to be adding a third. Unless I can steal some stuff off my 64's 289. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

71charger_fan

Is it for a PCV or a place to hook up a road-draft tube?

BrianShaughnessy

PCV's weren't "standard" until the late 60s.    They were among the first pollution control devices they replaced the previously mentioned road draft tube.

If you really wanted to add a pcv you could drill and tap the manifold for a nipple fitting...   some carbs also have a pcv fitting on the base.   

Otherwise there are plugs if you don't want 3 breathers.   I don't think there's any harm in having 3 for that matter. 

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.