News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update on Graveyard carz

Started by 66FBCharger, April 07, 2010, 12:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

What's happening with the Graveyard Carz show? Is it going to be airing on TV anytime soon? I haven't seen or heard anything about it lately.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

41husk

I read about it here but never even saw a pilot :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

A guy over on the b-body forum emailed them a couple days ago and they said he fired his agent and has a new better connected one ?

here is what he got back from them

I heard from the Graveyard carz guy the other day. The show is being pitched to the History Channel this week. He had to shorten the trailer to 4 minutes and also got a new agent. Same guy behind "Hell's Kitchen" and "Kitchen Nightmares", he is supposed to be well connected. He says he will update us when he gets some news
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TUFCAT

More videos have been posted online. This is the fourth installment of the "pilot video" series.

http://vimeo.com/channels/gycpilot#14486391

I know it starts out slow (and its five minutes long).... but the graphics are very cool and worth watching.

ChgrSteve67

I spy a 70 Charger and a Fist Gen in the back yard.
They look to good to ever be a season project.  Not dead enought.

Needs less bs and more work on the car.

Vainglory, Esq.

QuoteThey look to get to ever be a season project.  Not dead enought.

What in holy hell does this mean?

MoparManJim

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on September 02, 2010, 04:18:46 PM
QuoteThey look to get to ever be a season project.  Not dead enought.

What in holy hell does this mean?

What he means is that they are not dead enough or junk enough yet  :scratchchin: :shruggy:

ChgrSteve67

sorry finders went to sleep

Look too good to be a season project.

In the opener the guy talks about rebuilding cars that are truely dead not just needing some body work and paint.

MoparManJim

You know after watching the chapters 1 to 2 so far. I have to admit that Mark (I think that's his name) is alittle rude to his friends in the shop. I mean don't get me wrong he seems to be a very very nice man and all but to afew of the things I just seen in the chapters and hear him say.. was alittle insulting really to the guys. I feel sorry for the people that works around him and hear that stuff on a daily basic. I know one of them is a member on this forum or it might even be him I for get who it was. I will also admit they have a very good idea for a very well good tv program if it gets pick up! We need more shows like that on tv.  

PS: after starting to watch Chapter 3, I now realize, Mark reminds me alittle of me and acts like me also some what!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

ChgrSteve67

So the cuda they are restoring is a 440 six pack car and in the back lot they have a 318 71 cuda they are using for a parts car.
I guess than means the rest are parts cars too that will be used to fix other dead cars in future projects.

Why restore a 318 car with a good body after all.
Cut it up to fix a piece of scrap metal.
Could this not be considered to some degree a form of "re-bodying"

Is there a certain percentage of the origional car that must remain in order for it to truely be considered a restoration?
I know Boyld C. got in a lot of trouble for jsut saving certain pieces of a car and replacing the rest and claiming it was a restoration and not a rebody.

Oh that ought to get the natives wound up.

They don't say but does anyone know if they found or have the origional motor?

TUFCAT

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on September 02, 2010, 04:37:45 PM
So the cuda they are restoring is a 440 six pack car and in the back lot they have a 318 71 cuda they are using for a parts car.
I guess than means the rest are parts cars too that will be used to fix other dead cars in future projects.

Why restore a 318 car with a good body after all.
Cut it up to fix a piece of scrap metal.
Could this not be considered to some degree a form of "re-bodying"

Is there a certain percentage of the origional car that must remain in order for it to truely be considered a restoration?
I know Boyld C. got in a lot of trouble for jsut saving certain pieces of a car and replacing the rest and claiming it was a restoration and not a rebody.

Oh that ought to get the natives wound up.

They don't say but does anyone know if they found or have the origional motor?

I disagree ChgrSteve67.

At what length do you stop finding every single part that originally came from the factory 40 years ago ?? My god, these guys did some pretty good research and investigation dontcha think? Maybe the fake hollywood CSI types can do better? Please. This car was left for dead over thirty years ago.

I agree with MoparManJim... This guy is very likeable and seems to be "one of us".  Sort of....that is, if we all had that kind of talent. :yesnod:

I'm going to tell all my Mopar buddy's about his website so this product gets viewed by the masses. I think its all of our jobs as Mopar guys and gals. :angel: He's certainly knowledgeable and has done lot's of good for our hobby - there's no question there. :2thumbs:

However, like MoparManJim said, some bantering with his employees is probably done on purpose to create a little drama and "internal plot" beyond what's going on with the cars. After all, if it was just about fixing cars, it could get a little boring for viewers over time. The "B" storyline is designed to include his employees daily routines. He probably knows he needs to tread careful with this boss-employee drama.  We have enough of our own problems on a daily basis already. :brickwall:

For some "bad producers" who don't know this product well (like most of them I assume) might want him to make a "bad version" of how Boyd Coddington treated his staff on TV.......  :flame: :flame:  DON'T DO IT.

The basic concept of Boyd's show was done for "reality TV" drama and didn't work because it ignored building of THE CARS - which made the show!

From what I heard, people who knew Boyd liked him a lot. Even though I thought he was a dick at first, I met him in person during lunch (not at the same table but very close) ... and he seemed to be very engaging towards people who knew him. Unfortunately, he became the predecessor for Will "the hack" Castro....who does the shittiest custom work ever performed to an automobile, while treating his people like total shit at the same time - - but somehow he still owns a mansion and a yacht.  :icon_smile_dissapprove: Go figure.  :RantExplode:

69bronzeT5

For those guys on Facebook, they're keeping everyone updated on the show's progress on there.....

http://www.facebook.com/graveyardcarz
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Silver R/T

would like to see the show. Looked pretty decent from preview
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Graveyard Carz

Hello Everyone!

It's taken me a couple of days to remember my log in and password or I would have responded sooner. Graveyard Carz is still being packaged by A. Smith and Co in Los Angeles. www.asmithco.com

Smith pitched the show to a lot of networks and while we do have strong interest in us, as of right now we don't have any offers on the table. I am currently looking into local network air time as a back up plan so we can grow our fan base in the meantime. Also, October 1st issue of Mopar Enthusiast will have an article on Graveyard Carz with some pretty cool pictures so make sure you either buy your copy or check it out online.

I would like to thank ALL of our fans and friends both here on this site and all the others. I will address a couple of items that were mentioned in this thread as a gesture to keep you all informed as to our progress and the progress of the carz we're working on.

The Phantom 'Cuda had all of the unibody pulling and squaring done during the pilot show. We have not progressed any further because we want to be prepared to offer a network the opportunity to feature her in and episode or episodes. So for the time being she is sitting in the graveyard waiting her return. I have not been able to locate the original motor yet and honestly don't have any strong leads to date. We do think it could be in the Salem or Portland area of Oregon, based on rumors and former owners. I have tracked down a person who seen the original hemi 4 speed a few years ago. He said it was sitting in the trunk/hatchback area of a Vega of all things. He was at the persons house for the sole purpose of finding that transmission. He told me that he didn't want to pay the mans price for the gear box so he left empty handed. Dang...

To address the drama of television issue; What can I say, I think both opinions are right to a degree. I am a die hard car lover and of course Mopar's are my true love. I work on them 7 days a week to some degree. I have worked on them since I owned my first one when I was 15 and have never stopped loving them. Maybe it's my personality or maybe it's just sheer fun but I like to wind guys up like Daren, my co-star. Since I do have fun while working on the cars when the cameras are not on I thought why stop because they're on. I am the producer and director and am in control of the content of the show and I don't manufacture drama. If there is something that puts the guys at odds with each other I will push it (just as I normally would if we were alone) to spark a reaction. My first obligation in Graveyard Carz is to restore these cars to the best of my ability and the ability of those around me. I hope that helps understand a bit...

Lastly to address the rebody issue of the Phantom Cuda. I don't think there is a measurement that tells us how much panel replacement constitutes a rebody. My opinion of a text book definition of a rebody would be where a person would strategically cut out areas of the body that house VIN and install them in a twin version of the car you dissected them from. Obviously this is does go on in the world and I, on a personal and professional level, don't care for the practice and would NEVER do it myself. I think that if a car that is in as dire straights as the Phantom Cuda can retain a fair portion of it's original weld on sheet metal then it would be considered restored. I know after making the pulls and squaring the body myself I will save the roof, roof innerstructure, firewall, cowl, A & B Pillars, section of the right frame rail, I also have the original upper tie bar for the car that has the numbers in it, section of both rear frame rails and inner wheel houses. I feel very good about this restoration and I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised to follow it's reanimation to life.

Thanks everyone for reading and have a great holiday weekend.
Mark Worman
The Undertaker

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

elacruze

Mark,

Do you have any contacts or links or anything that accepts input from fans and potential viewers? If there was some mechanism for us to push a little, we can spread the word.
I'm going to send a letter to my local cable company, with something like 4 million viewers.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

MoparManJim

Quote from: elacruze on September 06, 2010, 10:50:19 AM
Mark,

Do you have any contacts or links or anything that accepts input from fans and potential viewers? If there was some mechanism for us to push a little, we can spread the word.
I'm going to send a letter to my local cable company, with something like 4 million viewers.

I agree, and Mark, if you like, I would even put a ad up for your program on my web site to help you out man!  :2thumbs:

ChgrSteve67

Thank for chiming in with your input Mark, I really admire what your doing and hope to see your show on TV some day and the completion of the Cuda. 

When people talk about re-bodying cars I always think of the movie Gone in 60 seconds where they buy a wrecked car for its tags and paperwork and then steel a matching car and swap tags and even the motor to make sure everything match.  Great movie.

71ChallengeHer

Looks like a cool show.  :2thumbs: Good luck with it. I have you on my facebook.  :cheers:

bakerhillpins

Finally got an opportunity to watch the pilot episodes posted. Like the idea and was glued to the screen when cars were the focus. Pulling the car, researching its history, talking about how to approach the problems.  :2thumbs:

All the "reality TV" antics just don't do it for me at all, if I wanted to hear folks bicker all day ill burn my vacation time at the parents/in-laws.  :smilielol: Some of the personal BS is normal shop talk, I get it, but I just don't want to spend half the show on it. (or even a quarter for that matter) Frankly, I don't care if someone looks like a dolphin, however, I do care that you wasted x minutes of my life telling me about it rather than about the car!  :brickwall: Unfortunately, I am not the majority of the viewing public so I have to take the good with the bad and use the DVR to zap past those parts. But in all reality it makes it hard for me to stick with the show in the long run.

So here's hoping that you get picked up!  :cheers: And that you edit out a bit more of the BS.  :yesnod:

You have something good started here, just don't get too caught up with yourself and end up like MTV.

:popcrn:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TruckDriver

Ya know though, for every person that hates bickering, 5 more don't mind it (and I am one of them). That is reality.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

noff57

Did anyone watch the 1st episode? How was it?

71ChallengeHer

I didn't get to see it. But mark is trying to get it on line so we can watch. He is also making DVD's to purchase on his website.

1969chargerrtse

I loved what I saw on the trailer and wish it would be on T.V  Simple as that.  :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

66FBCharger

What channel was Graveyard Carz on? What days and times?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body