News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Talladega Meet Magazine Coverage

Started by nitrometal, April 06, 2010, 10:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrometal

This one caught my eye on the news stand.  Different pics and story.
This was my first Winged meet.  Have the past meets there received this much attention with the car mags?
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

hemi68charger

Yo Phil,,
I saw that too..... Pretty cool, a LOT of exposure for sure, deservedly so.  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Quote from: nitrometal on April 06, 2010, 10:24:53 PM
This one caught my eye on the news stand.  Different pics and story.
This was my first Winged meet.  Have the past meets there received this much attention with the car mags?

I think this last event got more exposure due to Tim's museum opening.    It helped that Geoff Stunkard was there on site as well. 

nitrometal

I didn't know who Geoff was so I goggled him and found out.   I guess that you don't have a journalist usually?   Was he invited or did he decide to show up?  Just curious.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

472 R/T SE

Beautiful cover car.  I didn't realize it was a '70 (don't know what you call it) until I read the article.

I noticed herfest's 500 had high back buckets too.  Maybe he took them out of his six pack car cause they're more comfortable?

Cool that MCR wrote some thing.  Just wish it had been a little more.

hergfest

Haha, ya I am surprised that more people didn't notice that.  While the 70 seats are much more comfortable, the real reason is that I ordered new seat covers from Legendary and one of them showed up with a big cut in it.  Unfortunately it wasn't caught until the old covers had already been taken off.  So we took the seats out of the six pack car.

SBBob

Gary drove there from Seattle!  He has some fantastic pictures of the trip and some great stories too!
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

maxwellwedge

Quote from: nitrometal on April 07, 2010, 09:01:37 PM
I didn't know who Geoff was so I goggled him and found out.   I guess that you don't have a journalist usually?   Was he invited or did he decide to show up?  Just curious.

He was there with his son. He's a good man and a friend. When he was the editor over at Mopar Muscle a few years back you had to drink 5 Jolt Cola's, 3 Red Bulls and 6 coffees to keep up with him!  :lol: