News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barret-Jackson Palm Beach

Started by TruckDriver, April 01, 2010, 08:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Going on Speed now through Saturday, but on Saturday, they are going to be these two cars. Going through the list, I saw 4 Superbirds.

SOLD FOR $60,000 1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD 440 6-pack, 4-speed.  It was purchased October 14,1972 by well known race car collector, the late Eddie Evans of Bedford, Indiana. He had several Superbirds and used this one as his driver and had the car painted in Petty colors with a matching interior. This is a matching numbers car.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=656.1&aid=323&pop=1  

SOLD FOR $135,000 1969 DODGE HEMI CHARGER 500 All matching numbers 426cid/425hp with a 727 Torqueflite automatic transmission. Only 1,295 original miles.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=667.1&aid=323&pop=1

Here is the whole auction list.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/currentcarlist.aspx?aid=323&sd=04/01/2010&ed=04/03/2010

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

rt green

watched last nite for awhile. prices sure are down. at the time i watched, the third top seller for the day was only 20 grand.
third string oil changer

Just 6T9 CHGR

I'm actually there right now...  Only got to stay @ the auction about 3 hrs on Thursday.  Saw one Superbird clone car in the corral ( B5, 440-6 with a 4 speed AND A/C)
A few other cool Mopars as well.... Pics to follow.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bakerhillpins

1200 original miles on a 500 hemi????  :o :o :o

I can't understand owning something like that and not driving it. Each to their own.  :slap:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Troy

Quote from: bakerhillpins on April 02, 2010, 07:33:01 AM

I can't understand owning something like that and not driving it. Each to their own.  :slap:

If it's the one I'm thinking of if only had 406 miles a few years ago when I bought my black car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TruckDriver

Quote from: rt green on April 02, 2010, 06:23:45 AM
watched last nite for awhile. prices sure are down. at the time i watched, the third top seller for the day was only 20 grand.

Top seller of the day was a 2009 Corvette for $50,000. Prices were way down yesterday. The average price selling was about $18,000 for all the cars. Although, they did get $30,000 for this Roadrunner that wasn't the original color, but otherwise stock.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=69.1&aid=323&pop=1
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Just 6T9 CHGR

Just saw the 340 auto 70 Challenger go for 40k.... Not a bargain by any means..
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Aero426

Quote from: TruckDriver on April 01, 2010, 08:13:40 PM
Going on Speed now through Saturday, but on Saturday, they are going to be these two cars. Going through the list, I saw 4 Superbirds.

SOLD FOR $60,000 1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD 440 6-pack, 4-speed.  It was purchased October 14,1972 by well known race car collector, the late Eddie Evans of Bedford, Indiana. He had several Superbirds and used this one as his driver and had the car painted in Petty colors with a matching interior. This is a matching numbers car.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=656.1&aid=323&pop=1  

The red white and blue Eddie Evans Superbird was bought at a Kruse auction in June 2008 from his estate for about the same money.    I'm going to say it was in the neighborhood of $65000. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on April 02, 2010, 07:33:01 AM

Looks like they did work on it though..... The paints not original I bet, at least the stripe isn't, they painted the bezel. It's pretty much accepted that C500 rear sidemarker bezels were left body color. But, there's absolutely nothing to say that the bezel could have been taken off and painted while retaining the original stripe and paint.........  Awesome looking Charger 500........  And, with woodgrain shifter knob...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi24

Shame at B-J a clone super-bird sold for more money than  that real petty painted  six-pack 4 speed bird did go figure!!! :rotz:

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on April 05, 2010, 10:42:04 AM
Quote from: TruckDriver on April 01, 2010, 08:13:40 PM

The red white and blue Eddie Evans Superbird was bought at a Kruse auction in June 2008 from his estate for about the same money.    I'm going to say it was in the neighborhood of $65000. 
wow i would have loved to have that car , and driven the heck out of it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

1,200 mile car and no trim rings?  :shruggy:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Aero426

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 07, 2010, 04:46:31 AM
1,200 mile car and no trim rings?  :shruggy:

1/4 mile at a time...   I don't think it was a survivor in any way, other than it had low miles.

WINGR

As usual, more shell games with the Collector Car market. I would have loved to get ahold of either the S-Bird or the C500, especially at those prices. Of course these cars aren't always exactly as described, right?  :Twocents:

WINGR