News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Toy....its a Vette*update-SOLD*.

Started by greenpigs, August 02, 2008, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

:loser:

The in laws have an 86 Corvette that we are going to get later this month. It has the greenwood?? body kit and is black on black with an auto and 77K miles. The price is right and runs good but needs a repaint BAD so I figure I will drive it till late October and wait for a sale on a Maco paint job this winter. Then its fate will be decided if I drive it next spring\summer or sell it. No pictures yet and if anyone wants I will post later but I just wondered what you people think.
:shruggy:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

69charger2002

i don't mind corvettes but personally i think the 84-90 body is the ugliest ever produced.. just square with no body lines.. with the 91-96's a close second.. now 68-82's.. yummy
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

greenpigs

I was passing on it myself but they lowered the price 1/3 and made it too sweet to pass up,even if it looks like a molded  wedge of cheese.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Drache

my cousin's father in law told her that a neighbor was selling a corvette for $3000 so her and her husband took a road trip down to the coast. They then go to take a look at the car and the owner says he now wants $9000 for the car. Well my cousin's father in law made a stink saying his son and daughter in law drove 10 hours to get there just to look at this car and then you change the price. So he sells it to them for the $3000. Im awaiting the car to return back here to the Cariboo so I can get pics! The only thing my cousin would tell me is that it hasn't been driven or insured since 1983 and that it's a Stingray....  :scratchchin:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

mikepmcs

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 02, 2008, 07:23:02 PM
i don't mind corvettes but personally i think the 84-90 body is the ugliest ever produced.. just square with no body lines.. with the 91-96's a close second.. now 68-82's.. yummy

++++++one! I've owned a few...but if the price is right who cares, paint it and sell that MOFO. :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

dkn1997

Quote from: greenpigs on August 02, 2008, 07:13:22 PM
:loser:

The in laws have an 86 Corvette that we are going to get later this month. It has the greenwood?? body kit and is black on black with an auto and 77K miles. The price is right and runs good but needs a repaint BAD so I figure I will drive it till late October and wait for a sale on a Maco paint job this winter. Then its fate will be decided if I drive it next spring\summer or sell it. No pictures yet and if anyone wants I will post later but I just wondered what you people think.
:shruggy:

Those cars make a really nice platform for a KIT car.  they sell a viper body kit for that body style.  If you keep it corvette....please please take the greenwood kit off it. 
RECHRGED

JPL

'86, that's the kind with the hatchback? :icon_smile_big:

greenpigs

QuoteIf you keep it corvette....please please take the greenwood kit off it. 

I removed all but the rear wing due to the holes in the decklid that would be exposed. Its not a greenwood body kit like I was told but I didn't mind as I was just going to sell it, now its trash. The car feels like it has a 4:30 gear and a high stall converter but it probably is just the trans slipping. It still is fun to drive even if it is a chevy and no pics as its to rough and only about 3 people care.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

greenpigs

Well had fun driving it last year but the governor gear went out and a guy at work is getting it next week. I know the fix is simple, pop off the side cover and remove-replace gear. I just want out from under it so I can keep focused on the Charger. Yes I am a vette guy now also and if I come across another priced right-break out the gold chains baby!
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

jb666

Quote from: greenpigs on January 17, 2010, 07:33:35 AM
  Well had fun driving it last year but the governor gear went out and a guy at work is getting it next week. I know the fix is simple, pop off the side cover and remove-replace gear. I just want out from under it so I can keep focused on the Charger. Yes I am a vette guy now also and if I come across another priced right-break out the gold chains baby!

:rofl: I'm a Vette guy, too... I stayed away from the earlier C4's and jumped into a '95 as my first Vette.. I modded the Hell out of it, had the motor build, and made it exactly how I wanted it.. Then sold it... For my Z06.. What a machine.

If you ever get a chance to buy another, shoot for a Z, it's an awesome car!!!!!

Chad L. Magee

They can be fun cars, but they also have their pitfalls too, so be careful on what you buy.  It is very easy to be underwater in a Corvette project (just like Chargers) if you don't plan everying out first.  If you do start looking for another, check the market well before jumping into the mix.  Personally, I prefer the older ones (gens 1-3) to the newer gens.  My favorite is the 1969-72 B-M Phase III GTs, (one is in the Corvette Enth. magazine this month).  As for the forth gens being relatively cheap, I watched a white 1986 coupe sell for $3900 last month at a local auction......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

greenpigs

Well the first deal fell through but someone stepped up. Gone in the morning and I scored a SS King Cobra and SW  500 plus some ammo and cash. I have wanted both guns so it is a sweet trade.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

PocketThunder

I just (finally) realized something (after several years of research).  Alyson Hannigan didnt color match the top to the bottom.   :drool5:   :o   :o  :drool5:  :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."