News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

looking for folks who own a LX 300 C...

Started by Brock Samson, April 07, 2010, 02:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

I'm looking at replacing my '99 M with a '09 C,.. and wonder if anyone here has one...

ChgrSteve67

I have a 06 300C with MDS

What would you like to know Dave?

Brock Samson

basically passonate or dispassionate likes and dislikes what's gone wrong or right, service record, stuff like that,..
would you buy another, one more thing, yours have a sunroof?..

ChgrSteve67

yes it has a sunroof.  I have never had a problem with its operation or leaking.

its a very nice car, I would buy another.

Because of its size and weight I would not buy wone without a HEMI in it.
I can usually get around 22-23 MPG going down the freeway.
In town I average about 13-14 MPG.

All of the wistles and bells are nice. I think mine has everything but a entertainment system, AWD and backup warning system in it.

The only control I hate is the cruise control.
its just up and behind the turn signal.
(I'm sure every LX owner will agree)
Totally retarded place to put it and uncomfortable to operate going down the road.
I prefer the cruise control lever in my PT cruiser just below one of the lower spokes in the steering wheel.

Trunk is a decient size and the back seats are comfortable to sit in.

Sorry I forgot service record....
Only problem was one of the trany lines started leaking around 20k.
It was a known issue with 2006 models and the dealer fixed it same day it was noticed. (fitting replaced or something along those lines)

Another interesting note is the auto tranny does not have a dip stick.  Its a sealed unit.

-Steve

Brock Samson

Thank you Steve, problems with the one I am looking at is it doesn't have a sunroof, and I need to determine which transmission it does have - the 5 speed auto or the older one... It's a very limited edition only made one yr. and If i pull this trigger it has to be exactly what I want, the M took me well over a year to track down.
I'm right in the midst or research now.

ChgrSteve67

My 300C has the 5 speed auto in it.

I think they all use the same trany. (If it has a HEMI)

I actually prefer a car with out a sunroof.
I don't like the sun beaming down on my bald spot.

It is nice durring the summer for venting the heat from the car while its sitting in the sun.