News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One $195 Head Pipe Kit + $284 Shipping

Started by Smokey Bear, April 04, 2010, 10:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey Bear

Subject says it all. $195 pipes +$284 to ship UPS Ground, not even a full exhaust system for $480?!?!.

How do these guys sell ANYTHING? I haven't even looked at their site for 8-9 years and now I remember why.

Remember when they used to publish a black and white catalog and one of the first pages touted how much money they saved their customers by doing so? That web site and the glossy catalogs sure have proven that right! Time to call Summit Racing and fire up the welder.

BrianShaughnessy

Year One is just a parts distribution outfit.    They don't make anything.   They are good at collecting part numbers and things and make a nice catalog of what is available for your resto needs at a given time.

If you spend a few minutes looking around you'll find the same parts for less either from another supplier or direct from the manufacturer. 

Obviously those shipping charges are ridiculous.   Hopefully you contacted Accurate LTD. http://www.accurateltd.com/index.html
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Smokey Bear

Thanks for the link, but wow, $345 w/o shipping for just headpipes? Just headpipes! That's just a couple of sticks of bent 2-1/2 with a flange on it.

I guess I'm just completely out of touch with reality.

BrianShaughnessy

What exactly are you looking for?

Header back system?    Manifold back?

H pipe / X pipe?

2.5" / 3"

Aluminized /  Stainless steel?

Accurate is the best value among factory accurate type exhaust.    There's also TTI / Pypes / Flowmaster /  Summit (house brand) / and whatever a local guy can bend up for you if not more.

Google is your friend.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Rallye Mike