News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BB cylinder heads spring seat machining

Started by DBR/T, April 05, 2010, 07:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBR/T

Ive got a set of 915's that I'm swapping springs on due to a cam change.  My problem is that when I measure my installed height, I have .035" less than I need.  Will it hurt to take my spring seat cutter and cut them .035" deeper?  I definetly dont want to hit water and ruin my heads, but .035" is not very much, there is surely alot more material there.  Any wisdom in this matter would be very appreciated.     Thanks,  Dale

oldkimmer

...........U can get different retainers to change the height............kim............
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rayzor

How did you lose that much installed height? Did you have hardened seats installed in the heads or aftermarket valves? If it was hardened seats, they may have cut the seat to narrow and have your valve sitting to high in the chamber.

Challenger340

You can also go to + .050" Valve Locks to Increase Spring Installed ht.
Only wimps wear Bowties !