News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rallye Dash transplant

Started by rp23g7, April 02, 2010, 10:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rp23g7

A month or so ago i posted i was getting a 68 Charger Rallye dash, frame harness and cluster to "attempt" to install in the Coronet.

Has anyone done this before? Sorry, havent searched yet.

I found this interesting site http://www.performancecargraphics.co...tandard_ID.htm

and have some questions if someone has done it before.

5. 1968 B-body standard instrument panel frame is not the same as 1969 B-body standard frame.
  ● Lower left-center pad mount stud location and number of studs differs.

Does this matter, is there the same issue with the rallye frame? I am sure drilling a different hole isnt out of the question if need be.

I think that is the only major thing i noticed in the article. I have read that on some cars you need to take the Widshield out to replace the frame, which is ok, as mine has a crack and needs replacing anyway.

If no one else has done it i will take some pictures of the process, if it turns out not to fit or what ever, i will sell it to you guys that have a rallye dash and need replacement parts etc. I pick it up for $500 next week, the guy took it out to install a clock dash in his car. Dont really know what that means.