News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Texas Chargers needed for a video shoot - UPDATE - VID LINK ADDED

Started by jasonfromIKILLYA, April 03, 2010, 02:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonfromIKILLYA

What's up everyone.  I know some of you here listen to rock/metal, but even if you don't, if you've got a Charger in Texas, I'd love to talk to you.  The Supergroup HELLYEAH is going to be shooting 2 videos in late April and I need some cars to be the strategically placed in the video.  The band wants 60/70s era hot rods, and of course I want Chargers.  Let me know if you're able to be a part of it!

About HELLYEAH:
HELLYEAH is a supergroup comprised of Vinnie Paul (Pantera/Damageplan), Chad Gray and Greg Tribbett (Mudvayne), Tom Maxwell (Nothingface), and Bobzilla (Damageplan).  Their debut album has sold nearly 400k copies and we're expecting amazing things from the follow up.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

hemi68charger

Jason... I"m in Houston and have,,,, well the Daytona in the avatar to the left.......

Troy

I'll send a PM with my number if interested....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

68RRFlyer

And I'm about 10 miles from Troy on the other side of town.  Should have my B5 69 R/T clone in paint this month so it'll be a nice contrast to Troy's Daytona.  PM me if interested.

Cheers  :cheers:
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

jasonfromIKILLYA

Hey Guys!  Both awesome cars and I will contact you both right away!  Thanks for being interested.  I figured I would also put up some more details in case any of the others here want to jump in.

We're looking for about 6 or 7 cars to be in 2 scenes.  The main scene will be a night time bonfire/BBQ with the cars circled around the bonfire, headlights pointing at the fire.  Then we're also looking for 1 car for driving scenes where the singer will deliver some of his lines while driving.  Preferably this would car would not be in perfect condition as the feel is more "unfinished" and "raw" for those scenes.  We're not looking for a wrecked car, but more one in progress.  Primer or an old paint job are fine.  We would just want it to be more Hot Rod than stock restoration.

Lastly, the shoot will be in the Dallas/Fort Worth area the 18-21 of April.

Thanks all!
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

jasonfromIKILLYA

Big Sugar

QuoteWe're looking for about 6 or 7 cars to be in 2 scenes.  The main scene will be a night time bonfire/BBQ with the cars circled around the bonfire, headlights pointing at the fire.  Then we're also looking for 1 car for driving scenes where the singer will deliver some of his lines while driving.  Preferably this would car would not be in perfect condition as the feel is more "unfinished" and "raw" for those scenes.  We're not looking for a wrecked car, but more one in progress.  Primer or an old paint job are fine.  We would just want it to be more Hot Rod than stock restoration

Got a Perfect fit
Try Gordie Johnson from the Texas based band Grady, He's got a nice 66 Charger ,That's in a cool looking flat black over white color scheme. The white is original ,a bit dull and shows a little rust.
I'm not at liberty too post his Charger pics but PM me if your interested I'll send you a contact.

He's on tour in Canada right now....saw Grady last night. We spoke Mopar after the Show

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

jasonfromIKILLYA

Hemidog

HELLYEAH rocks! Good to know that Vinnie can still rock it after all he's been through.
If I was from Texas I would definitely be there!

alcusswhen

How much are you willing to pay? It costs money to own one of these cars.
Bone 7

73 Charger SE/ 318/391 stroker, 2500 Boss Hogg converter/ 391 sure grip.
07 Charger R/T

Big Sugar

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on April 04, 2010, 10:57:16 AM
Great!  Thanks Ron.  I'd love to talk to him!

I know your time is limited, I've sent out a email to my Contact.

I'll keep you posted.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

billschroeder5842

Jason-

I live in the Dallas Fort Worth Area and I have a '69. Picture with the Avatar. Please PM me if you are interested.
Texas Proud!

Brock Samson

I know Jason is a valued member here,.. so no comparo intended, that said,.. his post reminded me of last yrs' request for a dark blue or black charger that I was "involved" in...
Long story short, after blowing smoke up my ass for a month via E-mails the "Poster/Solicitor" went mute and finally pressed for info, admitted they went with a rent a Chally for the eventual video... that was the second similar dealing I had with folks wanting to do "Video" featuring my Charger.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,55579.20.html

the eventual video...  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC_3I9Hlop

though well "produced" I guess..  :shruggy: I think the music totally sucks and the subject matter is in my opinion vapid and trite. As it turns out I'm glad I wasn't involved in that piece of trash.
The comments illustrate this pretty well I think.

Good luck on your project JasonfromIKILLYA. Sounds good.

oldrock

We are in the DFW area and my son has a 72 charger that sounds like maybe what you are describing. he painted it himself on a very tight budget so not a shiney fancy finish but more of a down to earth teenagers car. The only problem is the engine is in the shop getting some machine work done as we speak. Should be out in a week but no guarantee on that. My son is actually in a classic rock band himself so I bet he would be interested. He is always looking to meet other bands and network the band thing. Course all assuming his car is up and running by then. I also have a muscle car so might even work out both cars if you are interested and it isn't too far.

Here is a pic of the car

and another angle

and since you said other muscle cars too, here is my 69 mustang

oldrock

thought maybe I should add a vid of his band so you don't just assume it is a bunch of kids who don't have a clue. They actually are a very solid band for their age and my son with the charger is their lead guitarist.

http://www.youtube.com/user/oldrockfan#p/u/5/csX-rtkAkU4

jasonfromIKILLYA

Brock - I'm very sorry that you had such a bad experience.   That being said, I have no intention of stringing anyone along.  Currently I am looking for possible cars and I will work with each interested party individually to decide whether or not this will work with their car.

Bill - Thanks for the post.  I'll contact you in just a moment.

Oldrock - I will drop you a line as well.  I would love to have both cars involved.

alcusswhen - We will cover gas to the shoot.  If that, plus having your car featured in this video, is not enough compensation, I don't believe this is the right opportunity for you.

Hemidog - I'm glad you like the band!  I'd love to hear your take on the new tunes once we start rolling them out.  Keep your eyes on www.hellyeahband.com later this month!  :)

Thanks again all!

BROCK

WOW!  Musicians unite in D/FW on a Charger Forum :drool5:

It's true, I care about this.  Ya the next part could put a screaming baby
to sleep at 2AM..........so, I'll skip it [cough...Pantera...cough...Sadox]

Just glad to see Oldrock doing his thing & naturally KILLYA stepping
up.  My best to both of ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slightly off topic:  We played the Mopar Magic Car Show this year!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: Big Sugar on April 04, 2010, 12:49:40 PM

I'll keep you posted.

Ron

Ron are you sure Mr Johnson is going to have the time lol
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

oldrock

hey brock, the link to the charger vid didn't work. No fair to talk about a vid with charger footage and hold out on us  :eyes:

Brock Samson

Big Sugar

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 05, 2010, 07:53:12 AM
Quote from: Big Sugar on April 04, 2010, 12:49:40 PM

I'll keep you posted.

Ron

Ron are you sure Mr Johnson is going to have the time lol

Worth a shot;

His Charger is still in Texas with his Mechanic,
I'm just going to pass it on too Gordie and his Mechanic.

Gordie is Booked !! they'll be anouncing more shows shortly so I'm told. So it's gonna be a busdy season for our Grady / Big-Sugar Friend

Ron

dongar69

Where is the shoot taking place, and do they allow bystanders?

jasonfromIKILLYA

Hey there

It will be a closed set at several different locations.  Of course the set will be open for the kind souls who allow us to film their cars.

oldrock

worked that time Brock, thanks for the link. Well not our kind of music for sure but some cool scenes in it. Would have been way cooler with an older charger though!

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 05, 2010, 10:45:11 AM

:shruggy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC_3I9Hlops

funny it worked fine when i checked it yesterday,..

clanton

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TexasStroker

If you ever do another similar vid for them, but need a different venue and different Chargers I could certainly help you out.  We've got a nice variety of 66-74 Chargers available here in the Amarillo Area...lots of Mopars as well, and I could set you up with some rods if they were so inclined.  Lots of nice, flat roads, and of course sudden drops into Canyons...really makes for some nice footage imo.

Keep us in mind if the opportunity arises again.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!