News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Dirty Mary Crazy Larry 1969 Charger

Started by Ghoste, December 30, 2008, 10:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

Quote from: model maker on February 13, 2010, 02:24:22 AM
I think Ghoste has the DVD, he has seen the taillights switch on the 68, and maybe he can get screen grabs and post pictures. the scene where the charger is on the hill above the cop car is really a 68, in the scene just before the cop car goes into the river, thats why the 68 grille is seen. I hope someone can get some screen grabs of the walnut grove when the charger drives or limps into them to fix the wheel, and also of the scene of the charger as it makes that hard right turn where the 2 farm workers look at it as it screaches past them, that is the scene that shows my 6 foot CB antennae on the front fender where the radio anntenae is suppossed to be, that very antennae is in my garage right now. :cheers: :2thumbs:

I noticed and posted a pic of the antenna back in 2006, page 5 of this thread...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,11746.msg157107.html#msg157107
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

FastbackJon

I also suggest a read through this thread from 2008, I see a lot of information being noticed and discussed again that was discussed before with screenshots attached.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39803.0.html

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

squeakfinder

So has it been determined which car Bert/modelmaker got? The RT or non RT. I know the picture that was posted early on after the repaint shows an RT emblem.

Some lost clips from the movie.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jui18bHpDJQ

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

model maker

Mine had R/T emblems but was not a 440. My car had dents on the roof,the back of the stripe. Mine is the car after the  chopper lands is screaming into a hard right turn passing 2 farm workers who are loading a pickup truck. There is a 6 foot stainless steel antennae  mounted on the right front fender and that antennae was in the trunk and stuck out into the back passenger area along the back side window window . I still have that antennae and had forgotton where i got it in the first place until i was watching the dvd on slow and 3 X zoom. I never noticed that antennae on the car before & that is the ONLY scene it appears in. I used that antennae on a few of my trucks after parting with the charger so I was extremly overjpyed that I still have a part of my charger & movie history, very overjoyed :cheers: :cheers:
MODEL MAKER

Khyron

hehe don't take this the wrong way, but we get the point..... now you where on the set, how many damn Chargers where there? :lol: ;) :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

squeakfinder

Trying to figure out what car got destroyed by the train. I'm pretty sure it was a 69. After the explosion clears, and the car is sitting still engulfed in flames, you can see headrests. Another thing that was different about the non RT car, it had the tall SE style bumperette's. You can see them wright after the seen with the 68 and the cop car having there battle and the cop car go's into the canal. The car you see after that is approaching the camera. Just as it's making the right turn you can see the tall bumperette's, and there is no RT emblem on the grille.

FastbackJon

68pplcharger

squeakfinder

Watched the director's commentary last knight.

Like Tan Top said: The cars were getting smashed up all the time

so we had

6 of the blue Chevy's and 6 of "The others?"

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: squeakfinder on March 12, 2010, 12:19:42 PM

Trying to figure out what car got destroyed by the train. I'm pretty sure it was a 69. After the explosion clears, and the car is sitting still engulfed in flames, you can see headrests. Another thing that was different about the non RT car, it had the tall SE style bumperette's. You can see them wright after the seen with the 68 and the cop car having there battle and the cop car go's into the canal. The car you see after that is approaching the camera. Just as it's making the right turn you can see the tall bumperette's, and there is no RT emblem on the grille.

The tall bumperettes have nothing to do with being an SE BTW.It is a later built car.

model maker

Quote from: Khyron on March 12, 2010, 11:09:32 AM
hehe don't take this the wrong way, but we get the point..... now you where on the set, how many damn Chargers where there? :lol: ;) :nana:

I wasn't on the set for DMCL, I was working for another production company filming a  cop  television series for ABC in the SF bay area. The different production companies list the property they want to liquidate and have trade papers for that.  the studios have property information including vehicles that are available from other production companies once a production is in the can and the project wrapped. The 69 charger and several police vehicles that were salvagable  from the DMCL production were listed along with pictures. In fact, the documents never mention what movie or TV shows vehicles were used in, they just list a vehicle description and vehicle condition ( drivable- static ) I saw the picture of the cars and saw the charger with the stripe sitting along side the black & whites and since the photos were only black and white it was the stripe on the charger that got my attention and I knew what movie it was from. I placed a bid on it through our studio and i was the only bid so i got it.  Had a studio bought it, they probably would have totaledin a wreck it or blown it up for a scene and moved on.I don't know how many chargers there were and i never dealt with anyone from the location set since it was a couple of years after they completed filming.
MODEL MAKER

squeakfinder

Thank you Bert for posting that. It's all about the preservation of these cars on this site, so knowing what happened to them is important to some of us.

By the way, I own a Charger with a 440, slotted mags and my name is Larry. ;)

model maker

I took great care of that car and owned it for 3 years until my EX :flame: let her 13 year old sister drive it on a side street and got onto an on ramp to the freeway in S.F. paniced and took out guardrail when they were coming to pick me up from work. I let her use the car that day and i never did that before in the 11 months we were married, Now I know WHY i never did. I am not sure i believe her story on what happened to the car either and knowing her like i did, she may have even been involved in a hit & run because we never heard from any other party. she was never able to find the spot she wrecked it or should i say her little sister because she spilled the beans to a little friend of hers and i heard about it from the brother of the friend. I had a new motor in the car that was less than a year old too.
MODEL MAKER

squeakfinder

I'm sorry about what happened. It's really crazy how they treat these car's as nothing more than props. But that's what they were to these actors and directors.

model maker

Back in the 60's & 70's, cars were wrecked and replaced because no one really thought forward 30 plus years to consider rare value of those everyday cars. Today, you don't see them unless there is a car show. I wish I had kept my charger even wrecked but the divorce so young messes up logical thinking and i still kick myself for being so blind to just walk away from it. When i saw the charger in the studio motor pool papers I HAD to have it and sold my 73 Mustang Mach 1 so fast just to get cash in hand to hurry up and pay for the charger. I could have sold the Mach 1 for more but i was in a real hurry. :drool5: :brickwall:
MODEL MAKER