News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Curious to find out if anyone has actually install big rims on a Charger?

Started by raull, November 29, 2005, 01:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raull

Hello all!

Curious to find out if anyone has actually install big rims on a 1968 Charger?
Does anyone have any pics? 18" 20" How would the Charger perform on this type of rims?

Its just a question.

Thx I don't mean any harm by this.

Chryco Psycho

bull

I know of a few members who've gone with 17" such as Sublime69 and DaytonaGuy but not too many 18"-20" around here that I know of.

dkn1997

nyc mille, mike.  he has 17's abd 18's I think.  maybe it's 18's and 19's 
mine's in the front with tiny 16's on it!!!

RECHRGED

raull

Wow they look nice.
Thx for the pics. I wish I could see more of those two cars. I was debating If I wanted to put some bigger rims :devil:

Blown70

NYCMILLE:  17x9 front 18x10 Rear. I loved the look and stance so I asked him.

dkn1997

Quote from: raull on November 30, 2005, 10:12:21 PM
Wow they look nice.
Thx for the pics. I wish I could see more of those two cars.

I have more at home, I will post later
RECHRGED

bull

Here's Sublime69's car. I don't know the wheel size. Where's he been lately?

Charger_Fan

The eGouge ad said this had 17's front & rear.
In my opinion, anything larger than 18's on a Charger looks mis-proportioned...and then, it's only a select few of 18's that look good.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dkn1997

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 02, 2005, 01:18:19 PM
it's only a select few of 18's that look good.

...and those aint it.  I don't like those egay wheels at all.  mik'es and sublimes are the best I have seen.  mike's might be boyds wheels, cannot recall.
RECHRGED

Charger_Fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on December 02, 2005, 03:47:08 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 02, 2005, 01:18:19 PM
it's only a select few of 18's that look good.

...and those aint it.   I don't like those egay wheels at all.   mik'es and sublimes are the best I have seen.   mike's might be boyds wheels, cannot recall.
:iagree:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

G Force

This is With 17" x 10" rears and 17"x 7" fronts and Z rated Goodyear tires.

bull

471_Magnum

Quote from: G Force on December 03, 2005, 12:45:35 AM
This is With 17" x 10" rears and 17"x 7" fronts and Z rated Goodyear tires.

Needs more rubber on the front. 17's all around. 275-50-17 rear. 255-50-17 front.

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

raull

I thx everyone.
I though people where only going to have their charger with stock rims. I am now surprise and now planning to get bigger rims and tires. Of course waiting for the funds.  ;) thx again.

dkn1997

Quote from: raull on November 30, 2005, 10:12:21 PM
I wish I could see more of those two cars. I was debating If I wanted to put some bigger rims :devil:

here you go.
RECHRGED

Ex President

Love the 16's..... I think they look better with plenty of sidewall poking out... ;)

zstalker

here's the V10 Charger.  it's got some pretty big rims, but I think it was done carefully enough...I like it
that's the one thing that's lacking in a lot of rim choices...very careful selection
This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.
I was wrong.
This changes everything.