News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

He's going to lean on your car-car show nightmares

Started by mystarcollectorcar.com, March 20, 2010, 07:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 29, 2010, 08:15:34 PM
Quote from: 694spdRT on March 29, 2010, 04:58:03 PM
Things can happen anywhere really. I went to pick up a former girlfriend at her house back in high school with my '68 Charger after I had it painted. As soon as I pulled in the driveway her big black lab jumped up on the drivers fender and hood.  It left claw marks down the side of the fender that are still there.  She didn't think it was a big deal at all. :eek2:

I bet you didn't even want a piece that night. :angel:

Maybe a piece of that dog !!!!!

But, in all seriousness, things will happen on occasion. You basically have to feel out the situation and be observant of who the majority of the spectators are. Are they fellow car guys/gals or is it the general public who don't have a clue? If it's the later, place your chair out front of your car so you can see down either side......  But, enjoy yourself nonetheless. Eat that burger and drink that coke, but most importantly, jack with your buddies....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

200MPH

I had a guy beat on my quarter panel with his fist ! :RantExplode: and i just about came unglued! back in 99 at the Boerne meet:

Me- hey man what are you doing ?

Jackass: oh this your car ??

Me: yes it is  Walking towards him and his huge belt buckle

Jackass: Where did you get it?

Me: I bought it and Please do not do that again!

Jack ass: Well i was just seeing if they were the original Quarters...its just a car anyways

me: Yea your right it is just a car....but its my car! (Now standing directly in his personal space)

he walked off mumbling something
but i was sooo mad
Charger

694spdRT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 29, 2010, 08:15:34 PM
Quote from: 694spdRT on March 29, 2010, 04:58:03 PM
Things can happen anywhere really. I went to pick up a former girlfriend at her house back in high school with my '68 Charger after I had it painted. As soon as I pulled in the driveway her big black lab jumped up on the drivers fender and hood.  It left claw marks down the side of the fender that are still there.  She didn't think it was a big deal at all. :eek2:

I bet you didn't even want a piece that night. :angel:

Let's just say that was our first big argument.  ;)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

devilgear

On thefilp side people can be cool..i was checkin out a guys 70 superbird at a show once that was a hemi 4 speed in sublime, he was selling it for $150,000. I told him i really liked it and he said thanks...go ahead and sit in it...what?..... ok...cool

gonzoe

a couple years back in riverside ca. there was this kid entering the the car show area in his dart when outta no where he decides to slam on the accelarator throwing grass and dirt on about 4 show cars there.one of the car owners got up and threw grass and dirt on his car  ;D that was so funny

694spdRT

We have a local car show that has ATV mud races on one side and garden tractor pulls on the other of the show area.  I always try to park in the middle of the pack so there are a few buffer cars around me.  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

resq302

I can't remember if it was a car show or a cruise night but I came back from walking around or getting something to eat and found my driver side door open and sone fool sitting in the driver seat.  Needless to say I didn't take it to kindly and had all I could do to keep from ripping the guys arms off and beating him to death with his own arms.  You really have to wonder what goes through the heads of some people sometimes. :brickwall:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Cooter

Quote from: resq302 on April 01, 2010, 11:21:46 AM
 You really have to wonder what goes through the heads of some people sometimes. :brickwall:

This is why "Babysitting" a car at cruise nights/car shows SUCKS! And to answer your pondering question, NOTHING goes through their minds..Therefore, you have them in your ride because of it...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

resq302

Quote from: Cooter on April 01, 2010, 11:28:26 AM
Quote from: resq302 on April 01, 2010, 11:21:46 AM
  You really have to wonder what goes through the heads of some people sometimes. :brickwall:

This is why "Babysitting" a car at cruise nights/car shows SUCKS! And to answer your qupondering question, NOTHING goes through their minds..Therefore, you have them in your ride because of it...

Maybe I should make a larger DO NOT TOUCH sign than the 5 I have all around my car! :lol:  Better yet, CAUTION-  This car is equipped with a special deadly booby trapped device.  Care to try your luck?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Brock Lee

The closest call I had was at the last car show I will ever likely do 3 years ago. I was talking with another Mopar guy with my car to my back and I hear someone say "Oh my god, she is trying to sit on the fender!" I spin around to see what the commotion was and it was a very obese woman (I am guesstimating 275-300 lbs) about to sit on the passenger side fender of my car. Her snot nosed little brat wouldn't let her go as she was pawning him off with her "man" whom was about to take a picture. She was trying to climb up one handed and was trying to let go of the kid to brace with the other hand. Luckily I was able to step in just in time, but my blood was boiling and I got really loud. I was sure her "man" and I were going to exchange some punches as words were flying and I said some bad stuff (but it wasn't to insult, I was just being blunt). It never went that far, but I vowed to never set myself to get in that position again.