News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Charger came home today!!!!!!!

Started by RTPTRON, December 10, 2005, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTPTRON

I brought my Charger home for the first time since February 2005 today.  The light and my picture taking skills aren't great but here are a few pictures if anyone is interested.

It was painted TT1 Medium Green Poly and now has a new Green vinyl top.  That makes me triple green jr, right Mark.

As you can see I have the same issue with storage space for my toys that I had whan I had the Coronet and the Charger here last year.

My Charger had not met the Grand National that I purchased while she was out.  I hope they get along OK in the tight garage.

RTPTRON

The person in the last picture is Jeff, the shop owner of the shop that painted my car.

haueter66

ChargerAndy

Sweet! Congrats on getting your baby home  :cheers:  Was it a total restoration?  Is that the factory original color?  Oh yea, more pics pleeze!  Andy

DC_1

RTPTRON

Thanks for the kind comments ChargerAndy.

We did start out with the PPG Code for TT1 which was the original color.   I have been told that the Base Coat/Clear Coat that we used may not match the exact color of the paint used back in 1968.

It was not a complete restoration.   We did a fair amount of body work to clean up some rust in the lower doors and quarters. There were a fair number of dings that had to be removed and there was a stress fracture in the passenger side quater that had to be welded up.   All of the emblems, gas cab, door handles, outside mirrors, side market lights and hood signal lights are new aftermarket parts mostly from YearOne.   The bumpers were rechromed by Art Brass in Seattle.   Exhibition Auto did the paint and body work in Kent, Washington.   I took the original tail lights and another set that I purchased on ebay and made one fair set of tail lights.

And oh ya Andy, here are some pictures from the day it was painted.

RTPTRON

For some reason my pictures did not come through on that last post

Charger_Fan

Congrats!!!
Your Charger's looking great!! It looks cozy in the garage too. :icon_smile_big:

I'm thinkin' you could us an avatar about now. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

472 R/T SE

It looks like it turned out great Ron.  I can hardly wait to see it in person.  Pictures just aren't giving it any justice.  That's the green color that alomst looks silver in certain light, right? 
I'd be scared to death of something falling off your wall onto the car. :o

Someone in Washington rechromes, could I get their info.?

RTPTRON

Quote from: AllBlueRT on December 11, 2005, 01:27:22 AM
It looks like it turned out great Ron.   I can hardly wait to see it in person.   Pictures just aren't giving it any justice.   That's the green color that almost looks silver in certain light, right?  
I'd be scared to death of something falling off your wall onto the car. :o

Someone in Washington re chromes, could I get their info.?

AllBlueRT, first off congratulations on your good news.  Most of us take things like being able to walk around for granted.  We need to understand that it is a blessing that we should all be very thankfull for.  You're the man.  Get er Done!!!

Art Brass did my bumpers.  They are in south Seattle at 3rd Avenue and Findlay.  I don't have the contact information handy but they are very well known.

8WHEELER

:patriot:  Right on Ron, I thought you were going to cruise over to my place first
before you put it away, heck the weather has evan been nice, hard to believe  ;D
Oh well I guess I will have to wait.

Oh and by the way you are 3x senior, you have the 440 Magnum  :thumbs:
Hope that car cover gets there fast, looks kind of scary to me.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Danny Gutierrez

What a beautiful car!!!!!!!  Congrats on the new body work and paint!!!!!
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

bull

Looks good, Ron. Now I have an idea what mine must have looked like new. Although I have seen a few others repainted in TT-1 and they looked similar to yours but none seem to look like the original factory TT-1 from what I can tell. There was a '68 Barracuda at Spring Roundup two years ago that I think still had the original TT-1 paint and it looked darker than yours. I guess it's one color that can't really be reproduced any longer. I'm reluctant to paint mine TT-1 because I have no vinyl top or R/T stripes to break it up like you. That would be a lot of green.

SuBLimE 69

That green looks fantastic.  Nice job Ron  :yesnod:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

wetfeetmi

I love the '68s. That one of yours looks fantastic. I like GNs too! You have great taste in cars. ( that is quite the motorhome!)

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

hemi68charger

Congrad's !!!! I know it's gotta be a good feelilng.....  Looking great.....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hydroforce

CONGRATS!!!!!!
can't wait to be at that point myself

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

694spdRT

The car looks great..congratulations. I really like that color green.  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

THE COLONEL

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

triple_green

Hi Ron,

I stopped by and saw the car when it was at Jeff's shop. He did a GREAT job. Your car looks fananstic!

I really like the color too! The base/clear was the right decision.

Congrats and hope to see you out cruzin'

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Nupe

Nice car!   Color looks great also and I don't even like green.     :icon_smile_big:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

RD

i am not sure if its been said, but I know wakko would love that pic of the GN/Charger garage photo!

great looking car, glad you can enjoy it now.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

41husk

Congratulations, now you will be itching for some good weather!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up