News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AIR RIDE SUSPENTION?

Started by noff57, March 31, 2010, 08:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noff57

Is Air Ride Suspention illegal?  :shruggy:

Darkman

In some places yes.

In South Australia they are.

You will need to check with your local motor registrattion department.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Finn

Wow, didn't know that. I'm running it on my 68 right now.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

terrible one

I've never heard of that before either. What is the reasoning behind that?!

Darkman

Not sure why here in South Australia, something about it not being "safe". We have stupid laws. I have to do a lot of "standard" stuff to my 68 to get it street legal and registered. Once it is registered then the beast will be transformed!  :naughty:

The good thing about SA, is that once it passes its first inspection and is registered, we just renew it yearly with no further inspections required!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

HPP

There are any number of countries who take the position that the OEM manufacturers know best and any deviation from their formula is a recipe for disaster, hence modifications are frowned upon if not down right illegal.

noff57

I thought I was illegal in some States. I have it installed on one of my cars and I had some buddies tell me that air ride was illegal so i stopped driving that car. But i want to start driving it again but I need to get a new inspection sticker for it if I drive it.

HPP

If it is in the US, odds are it is okay. Anything to this level would have likely been flagged by Sema Action Network and addressed through legislative sessions, but you might verify with your state DMV.