News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Imformation on Hemi charger

Started by jessejames, March 30, 2010, 05:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessejames

Looking for any information on my 70 hemi charger. Car is purple with white interior and white top.  Was told it came from Tennesse area. Any information on this car please let me know. Looking for original engine, fender tag or build sheet to car.

Thankyou,
Jesse
414 651 4366

RD

may help if you provide a VIN for guys to search for.. also, check out the 1970 charger registry:

http://1970chargerregistry.com/
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

UFO

Is it a S.E. with power windows?

jessejames

Sorry about that. And thank you for the info.
Vin is XS29ROG165349

And I believe its just an RT. It does have leather seats tho. Kind of weird!

Hemidog

Make: X = Dodge Charger
Price Class: S = Special, R/T
Body Type: 29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
Drive Train: R = 426 HEMI 425HP 2-4BBL 8 CYL
Model Year: 0 = 1970
Assembly Plant: G = St. Louis, MO, USA
Sequence Number: 165349 = 65348th Vehicle

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

66FBCharger

Jesse,
Sounds like a nice car! Do you have any pictures you can post?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

kurgan383

I'm kinda in the same boat with mine... check the numbers stamped on the body, check the numbers on the block and tranny.  If they don't match, maybe you can find out where they came from and get more info. (like when they were changed, etc)

jessejames

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 05, 2010, 09:37:28 AM
Jesse..
Is it a 4-speed or auto?
Hey guys!
Its a 4 speed car. Non console car

hemi68charger

Quote from: jessejames on April 05, 2010, 12:42:15 PM
Jesse..
Is it a 4-speed or auto?
Hey guys!

Not sure about the console part, but I know where there's a '70 Plum Crazy 426 Hemi Charger R/T with white interior and top and bubblebee stripe. It's "stated" it's the only known '70 hemi 4-speed Charger R/T in Plum Crazy......

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

jessejames

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 05, 2010, 12:48:18 PM
Jesse..
Is it a 4-speed or auto?
Hey guys!

Not sure about the console part, but I know where there's a '70 Plum Crazy 426 Hemi Charger R/T with white interior and top and bubblebee stripe. It's "stated" it's the only known '70 hemi 4-speed Charger R/T in Plum Crazy......

Troy
Gee Troy,
Dont know what to tell ya. All I know is all the body numbers match and I have a R code on the Vin plate. The car has torque boxes and added support in rear frame rails which would indicate it is a Hemi car. The floors and trunk area are purple along with under the frame where the Z bar is located. But I appreciate all the posts and help from you guys. Hoping I can find some more info on this car. Ive owned it since 2000.

Thanks,
Jesse

hemi68charger

Quote from: jessejames on April 05, 2010, 02:42:31 PM
Jesse..
Is it a 4-speed or auto?
Hey guys!

Troy
Gee Troy,
Dont know what to tell ya. All I know is all the body numbers match and I have a R code on the Vin plate. The car has torque boxes and added support in rear frame rails which would indicate it is a Hemi car. The floors and trunk area are purple along with under the frame where the Z bar is located. But I appreciate all the posts and help from you guys. Hoping I can find some more info on this car. Ive owned it since 2000.

Thanks,
Jesse

There is absolutely no reason to think there's not another one out there. Plum Crazy was actually the most common color in '70 for the Charger R/T. If it has the torque boxes, pinion snubber reenforcement plate and rear gusset support plates AND the stampings on the body match the Seq# of the VIN, what not?

Troy
Troy

Ghoste

I think the key words there would have to be "only known".  :icon_smile_wink:

moparstuart

Quote from: jessejames on April 05, 2010, 02:42:31 PM
Jesse..
Is it a 4-speed or auto?
Hey guys!

Troy
Gee Troy,

Thanks,
Jesse
wow that is just a stunning color combo
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jessejames

Quote from: jessejames on March 30, 2010, 05:53:14 PM
Looking for any information on my 70 hemi charger. Car is purple with white interior and white top.  Was told it came from Tennesse area. Any information on this car please let me know. Looking for original engine, fender tag or build sheet to car.

Thankyou,
Jesse
414 651 4366
Yes! The car has all the renforcements that you talked about. I have never seen those on another car before. Someone once told me that 440 cars came with those. I havent seen one yet and have looked at along of chargers.
Thanks again!
Jesse

hemi68charger

Jesse.
On the k-member, if it's the original one, there should be a coin tack welded on the driver's side with a number stamped on it. What is it?, Fuel lines, are they 3/8 or 5/16? Hard to know if you don't have a regular 383/440 next to it....

Troy
Troy

Mike DC

QuoteSomeone once told me that 440 cars came with those.

Some did, some didn't.  

I don't think there was ever a consistent rule about which cars got the beef-ups.  It's known as a Hemi thing, but I think it correlated with the stick shifted tranny almost as much as the Hemi motor.  Lots of stick-shifted 440s got them.  I've even heard of a few automatic Hemis without them. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 05, 2010, 05:30:27 PM

QuoteSomeone once told me that 440 cars came with those.

Some did, some didn't.  

I don't think there was ever a consistent rule about which cars got the beef-ups.  It's known as a Hemi thing, but I think it correlated with the stick shifted tranny almost as much as the Hemi motor.  Lots of stick-shifted 440s got them.  I've even heard of a few automatic Hemis without them. 

My '70 v-code Charger R?T has actually two coins. One welded on top of the other. The number on mine is "79". There was a '70 Hemi k-member I looked at recently had a coin with "76"....

Troy
Troy

Mike DC

QuoteMy '70 v-code Charger R?T has actually two coins. One welded on top of the other. The number on mine is "79". There was a '70 Hemi k-member I looked at recently had a coin with "76"....

I was actually referring to torque boxing plates with my comments. 

That's interesting about the double coins, though.   Seems like there's no firm rules about anything with these cars. 

jessejames

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 05, 2010, 04:56:27 PM
Jesse.
On the k-member, if it's the original one, there should be a coin tack welded on the driver's side with a number stamped on it. What is it?, Fuel lines, are they 3/8 or 5/16? Hard to know if you don't have a regular 383/440 next to it....

Troy
Troy,
Someone robbed the original K member out of the car. I do have the right one with the car now.
Thanks,
Jesse

jessejames

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 05, 2010, 08:05:32 PM
QuoteMy '70 v-code Charger R?T has actually two coins. One welded on top of the other. The number on mine is "79". There was a '70 Hemi k-member I looked at recently had a coin with "76"....

I was actually referring to torque boxing plates with my comments. 

That's interesting about the double coins, though.   Seems like there's no firm rules about anything with these cars. 

Mike,
Thanks for the info!!

Jesse

472 R/T SE

Lots of folks say we all eventually get tired of chicks' shit, even Sandra Bullock.  But I gotta ask, wouldn't it have been easier to just lock yourself in a bathroom & relieve yourself of any urges?  ;)

I'd like to see your car, sounds like a beauty.

My v code Super Bee had the double coins too.  Almost like Chrysler went the cheap route & just added a coin over the top?

hemi68charger

Here's what my six pack '70 has.... Excuse its booboo on the k-member...  :'(

Troy

BROCK

All Charger R/Ts had a 3/8"  fuel line in 70.  500 & base got the 5/16".

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world