News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for a schematic of all E-brake parts, and where to buy

Started by aifilaw, March 31, 2010, 07:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aifilaw

1972 Dodge Charger

When I couldn't find the link for an old website that had at least all the parts in the E-brake system, I searched as best I could... best I've been able to come up with is some cable parts: (http://www.dantesparts.com/parkingbrakecable.html)

What I'm hoping for is if someone has a link to a place that sells all of these parts I may or may not need, a schematic showing part numbers and placement, or pictures depicting every component of the E-brake system under the body that I can work off of.

The cable from the pedal poking out under the drivers seat is there, I have the main cables with springs et cetera that plug into the drum brakes. I have the two sheet metal pieces inside the drum brakes (missing the autoadjuster, if it was ever there), I believe I have what is called the ëqualizer, I have the main cable.
What I am missing (I think) is there must be a roller attachment for the cable to ride in on the passenger side of the car similar in location to where the E-brake cable comes out to keep that side of the cable from dangling, or stretching across where the exhaust should be.
There also must have been (looks like its been grinded off), some sheet metal brackets where the extension cable/springs assembling that plugs into the drum brake plugs in on the frame rail.

update... picture shows what looks like some of the parts I need, how does the one on the far left attach to the frame rail?
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads