News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First Long drive in the Coronet.

Started by rp23g7, March 26, 2010, 01:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rp23g7

We are gonna take the Coronet to Oregon, Lincoln City/Depot Bay this weekend.  Its My parents 50th wedding anniversary, YAY, so I giving the Coronet its bi-monthly checkup before we leave, cause I am kinda paranoid like that.  If any of you guys live around there, stop by Whale Point condos in Depot Bay

Checked the brakes, I have had a squeal on the right front when its hot, or in stop and go traffic, it was down to the rivits, oopps, guess I will be making a stop at Napa. 

It has also had a annoying single oil drip sitting on the drain plug, after a drive, not when sitting.  I think It may be the Oil Switch, gonna replace that too, could be the main seal also though.

And just because I was curious, I checked the gear ratio, just turning the rear tire after marking the drive shaft and wheel.  It came out to 2:0-1 it seems, almost exactly, did they make a 8 ¾ in that ratio?

The diff gasket is also leaking some, amazingly the pinion seal and output shaft are not leaking.  Typical 727 pan gasket wetness though.  Not bad.  That's all I could find wrong.  Taking the tool bax just in case.

If anyone is in that area, stop by and say hi,