News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carb Questions.

Started by Khyron, May 25, 2010, 09:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Just upgraded the 440 to 4150 850cfm double pumper, and I can't seem to get the thing dialed in. so I'm looking for a base point.

What size primary and secondary Jets are U guys using?
What side acceleration pump?
what size squirters?

Motor is a decent build. 10.5 compression, ross racing flat top forged pistons zero decked to the block. eddie heads, voodoo cam. I'm sure there are similar builds here. I understand it will need to be tuned to the car, but i can't even get her to idle right.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

wow, no one runs a holley???

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69charger440

Ok I will try to help.

1. Check your fuel bowl levels. Adjust them so that fuel just starts trickling out the side caps!! And then adjust your idle. Then take it fro a cruise staying out of secondaries. And then pull a spark plug and see where you are at. Adjust the primary jets accordingly!! Check you vacuum also, maybe you are leaking!! And it does not like to idle when leaking!! Hope this will help.

We have a 750 on a 383 with 80 primaries!!!

Not a total expert, wish I was there to help. I have a hard time explaining these things. Easier if i was there to assist!!!

1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

A383Wing

The only Holley I ever ran was a 1bbl on a slant six....everything we own now here all has Carter's on it.

firefighter3931

What exactly is it doing ?   :shruggy:

"Not dialed in" is pretty vague  :slap: :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Khyron

it stumbles when I hit the throttle.

Jets are at 83 primary and secondary
vacuum good
Squirters are 31
acc pump set

I think I need bigger squirters

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Khyron on May 26, 2010, 12:51:53 PM
it stumbles when I hit the throttle.

Jets are at 83 primary and secondary
vacuum good
Squirters are 31
acc pump set

I think I need bigger squirters

The jetting seems fat for that type of build. How do the plugs look ? What color are they ?

Usually a bog can be tuned out by increasing the squirter sizing.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: firefighter3931 on May 31, 2010, 10:55:34 AM

Usually a bog can be tuned out by increasing the squirter sizing.

Ron

BINGO, thanks!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

greenpigs

I would go back to the original setting of 80 front and rear for the jet size. What PV are you running? And the obvious question are you sure the plugs are not fouled?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free