News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any interest in NJ area picnic / bbq for dc.com members/family?

Started by resq302, March 25, 2010, 07:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in attending?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
Depends on who's cooking
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 24, 2010, 07:05:43 PM

bordin34

Not to be too off topic, but what do you know about Clinton road and the dirt roads going off of it into the water shed. Me and a couple friends drove there last night, nothing scary about it. It would make a great road for everybody to cruise on. I took the dirt road, I think Schoolhouse Cove Road right off of Clinton, do you know if there are any legal trails to do some easy off roading? Anyway if this works out I think we should all cruise down Clinton Rd, its nice and curvy and fun to drive on.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

resq302

Ive only been on the end of it where it meets Route 23.  Rumor has it that Clinton Rd is haunted and has been posted on Weird, NJ.  Story goes there have been trees that fall in front of peoples cars and when they try to back up, another tree falls and then canibals come out and eat them (yeh right) :eyes:  Another story is that there is a devil like creature that chased after a car there and the people got away yet found claw marks on the rear bumper.  Third story is that if you throw a coin into the lake, a boy who drowned throws the coin back at you.  I personally have never been on that section of Clinton Rd yet but eventually might make it there one day.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bordin34

Thats why we went there, because it was supposed to be scary. And dead mans curve is called that for a reason it really sneaks up on you I really had to get on the brakes. It a sudden 90 degree turn out of nowhere and at night you cant even tell its there.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

resq302

Just a bump for those who did not see the original posting of this.  Again, being held at my house in West Milford, NJ on Saturday, Aug. 21. :2thumbs:

Edit- Ok, I just saw that somehow the poll results all went back to zero.  Probably in another month I will post another poll to get an idea of how many people will be attending or just modify this one to have people RSVP on here with a head count so I can start to purchase the food.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

GTXtreme

Quote from: resq302 on April 04, 2010, 06:23:29 PM
My wifes grandmother lives in Deer Park, NY and it takes us about an hour and a half with no traffic.  I don't know if that is anywhere close to you or not.

thats where i used to keep my car and its only 5 mins from my house.  Kevin if you definetly gonna go i'd love to follow if my cars back together by then.

dkn1997

Quote from: GTXtreme on June 06, 2010, 08:07:47 PM
Quote from: resq302 on April 04, 2010, 06:23:29 PM
My wifes grandmother lives in Deer Park, NY and it takes us about an hour and a half with no traffic.  I don't know if that is anywhere close to you or not.

thats where i used to keep my car and its only 5 mins from my house.  Kevin if you definetly gonna go i'd love to follow if my cars back together by then.
j

absolutely!  I really want to do the ferry.  It probably takes longer but i did it for a trip upstate last year and it's a great way to start a trip. plus no NYC traffic to deal with
RECHRGED

FLG

dkn,

I could drive out to the island and meet ya at the ferry...seems like a nice change of pace...i HATE the damn city traffic.

dkn1997

Quote from: FLG on June 08, 2010, 12:00:41 AM
dkn,

I could drive out to the island and meet ya at the ferry...seems like a nice change of pace...i HATE the damn city traffic.

This is really brewing into something.  me likey!!!
RECHRGED

mopar0166

resq302

Yes, it is still going to happen.  Keep checking back within the next couple weeks as I will either start a new thread with who is attending and what will be on the menu.  This way I can get a good head count and start picking up the necessary items. :2thumbs:
Brian

aone415

Totally missed this thread, but I think you can count me and my in :coolgleamA:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

resq302

Quote from: aone415 on July 14, 2010, 05:55:52 AM
Totally missed this thread, but I think you can count me and my in :coolgleamA:

I posted an updated topic just to get a better head count at this link below.  Please click the appropriate one so we can have enough food. :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,71238.msg802406.html#msg802406
Brian