News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electrical Problem

Started by SmashingPunkFan, December 05, 2009, 07:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmashingPunkFan

Turn signals on my 1988 Mustang (2.3 Liter 4cyl) suddenly stopped working when I replaced both window motors, I know its a shot in the dark to be asking an electrical question on a message board, but hey, you never know.

And when I replaced the window motors, that's ALL I did. I simply removed the door panels, unbolted the motors, unplugged them, plugged the new ones in, bolted them in, and replaced the door panels, no wires were damaged, like grounds, etc

I checked all fuses, and replaced them all even though they were not bad.
Found hazard flasher, and it works (Hazards Work), could not locate a turn signal flasher though.

Blower motor stopped too, seriously, worked before I did this, now all of it doesn't

Any clues?

Please ask questions, because I feel like I'm leaving something out, sorry ahead if I didn't mention something
Also I'm gonna feel like an idiot if I'm not seeing something obvious

Thanks for the help!
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV.
Projects:
1970 Dodge Charger SE (Main Project)
1973 Dodge Charger 400 cid. (Work in progress)
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter 4 cyl.

Looking for Seat tracks for bucket seats.

Cooter

SmashingPunkFan, give this a whirl...Try working the FLASHER button on top of the steering column vigorously up and down while trying you turn signals.....I've seen this at the shop before, sometimes when a Combo switch is going bad, this will prolong it a little further...
On the blower motor, they act like starters sometimes and good tap with a hammer frees 'em up...They stick in a bad spot like a starter..
Lemme know if this helped....If it did, that'll be $85.00/hr please.... :smilielol:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

SmashingPunkFan

Got it fixed, took me long enough to figure it out... lol
Projects:

rt green

third string oil changer

SmashingPunkFan

Two little connections under the steering wheel... I was kinda pissed when I found them, but still glad to have found them. lol
Projects:

b5blue

A few years ago my friends radio quit working in his F-150. After six months of no radio he went and bought a new stereo with all the proper adapters and plate for his exact truck and installed it. It didn't work....his neighbor was helping and noticed the interior light didn't come on ether. While Dale was calling the store where he got the new radio and ripping them a new one for selling him a 400.00 piece of crap his neighbor (Having an extra bulb for the light in his garage) replaced the light bulb and the radio came on!   :smilielol:  Dale was so embarrassed when he found out I was going to that store, he had me return the new stereo for him. (I was going to suggest checking the dome light!)