News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey Ponch!

Started by TruckDriver, December 09, 2005, 10:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Valderrama saddles up for 'CHiPs' remake

By Borys Kit and Tatiana Siegel
Thu Dec 8, 3:26 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Wilmer Valderrama, who plays Fez on "That '70s Show," will star as motorcycle cop Ponch in a big-screen version of "CHiPs."
Warner Bros. Pictures, which recently brought TV staples "Starsky & Hutch" and "The Dukes of Hazzard" to theaters with much success, has just acquired the rights for the series.
    Erik Estrada famously originated the Ponch role in "CHiPs," which ran on NBC in the late 1970s and followed the adventures of California Highway Patrol motorcycle officers Francis "Ponch" Poncherello and Jon Baker. Larry Wilcox played Baker.
The show had a serious macho tone, but over the years has achieved a cheesy, cult status. Sources say the project was built around the involvement of Valderrama, who is working on the final season of "That '70s Show" and appears in "The Darwin Awards," an indie that will screen at Sundance in January.
The action comedy has no producer and no director attached. The script will be written Paul Kaplan and Mark Torgove, who are writer-executive producers on "   George Lopez."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

For what it's worth... I love CHiPs the tv show, cheesy or not.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChargerBill

I heard about that yesterday on (of ALL places) FoxNews. I guess it's going to be a spoof/comedy like Starsky and Hutch.

BTW: Is it just me, or does that guy look strung out on something? I've seen crack whores who didn't look so haggard...what's up with that?
Life is a highway...

TruckDriver

Maybe he just got a piece from his partner Jon :D
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

i read about that too...what a disgrace to ChiPs and the name Francis Llewelyn Poncharello..... :icon_smile_angry:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bull

Quite the creative team they got down there at WB, eh?

dkn1997

who's going to play that total piece of ass little blond cop?
RECHRGED

Chargen69

Quote from: Ponch on December 09, 2005, 11:34:29 PM
i read about that too...what a disgrace to ChiPs and the name Francis Llewelyn Poncharello..... :icon_smile_angry:

:iagree: too true

Ponch ®

Quote from: dkn1997 on December 10, 2005, 09:13:03 AM

:eek:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

'CUDA360

andy74

way to much ass clownage around this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lowprofile

Quote from: 360cuda on December 10, 2005, 12:48:04 PM
Quote from: Ponch on December 10, 2005, 12:43:54 PM

:eek:

:icon_smile_shock: :icon_smile_shock:

Jessica Simpson  :drool5: :D

Quote from: andy74 on December 10, 2005, 03:49:45 PM
way to much ass clownage around this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be badmouthin' Clowns, Pal!! :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

greenpigs

Quote from: Ponch on December 09, 2005, 11:34:29 PM

Kiss my brown ass.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Wakko

Uhhh, are you talking about Jon Baker?  EWwwwww
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

TheGhost

Quote from: Wakko on December 11, 2005, 02:06:13 AM

Uhhh, are you talking about Jon Baker?  EWwwwww

That picture has never been more fitting. :lol:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

TruckDriver

Ya, she was hot, but I always prefered this one

PETE