News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LIFE'S GREAT, I'M WALKING!!!

Started by 472 R/T SE, December 09, 2005, 10:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nh_mopar_fan

bluesfool

Congratulations!! Your story is definitely an inspiration and you have every reason to be proud of your (VERY) hard work, dedication, and success. I hope it goes without saying that we are all behind you and look forward to the next update. I'll be keeping an eye out for you at Carlisle!

triple_green

This is great news. Keep up the great work!!!

I always knew you had perserverence!

Mark
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Blown70

Good job and attitude keep going.

Tom

NHCharger

Wow. I remember your posts after the accident on the old board. You have covered a lot of ground in just 2 years. Congrats on the great progress.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

'CUDA360

Dittos all !!

That sounds great man. Good luck  :icon_smile_wink:

Shakey

Say what you want folks, but that story put a tear in my eye!

:2thumbs:

Old Moparz

That's F**k'in cool!!

Glad to hear that Mike, see you in Carlisle.

Bob
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

firefighter3931

Outstanding work Mike ! You are an inspiration to all of us and i am really, really, REALLY so happy to hear this progress. Your "prove them wrong" attitude will get you through this and make you stronger mentally and spiritually. Carlisle is gonna be a blast and i'm sooooo looking forward to meeting you and all the other members who'll be there. Merry Christmas bro and to the ALLBLUE crew who support you on this challenging adventure !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Spartan

wow, that is very cool.  Congrats!
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

DFS68_Charger

Vainglory, Esq.

By the way, I think I'll be able to make it to this year's Carlisle.   We'll take a stroll.   :thumbs:

89MOPAR

This is going to make it a lot harder to find you at ALMS in Portland , if I have to look beyond the handicapped seating.......Excellent news Mike !
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Troy

Great news! I think I walked about 30 miles at Carlisle last year so can you bring the wheelchair for me? :thumbs:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Troy on December 10, 2005, 06:00:39 PM
Great news! I think I walked about 30 miles at Carlisle last year so can you bring the wheelchair for me? :thumbs:

Troy

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

Excellent news!!! Your hard work and drive are paying off. Congrats. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Silver R/T

wow thats great, congratulations. It would be great to walk again
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

charger_72_318

Quote from: 8WHEELER on December 10, 2005, 04:39:03 AM
HEY DOC     :slap:   JUST FOR YOU   ;D

Dan
:smilielol:
Great news Mike, I'm really happy for you   :2thumbs:

Aldo

72 Charger hardtop tranny, carb and intake swap
92 Spirit DOHC Gone

Charger Aficionado

Wow Nice Christmas Present a little early...  KEEP IT UP!!!

BigBlackDodge

In a world full of bad news it's great to hear that you're making some good news!!! :icon_smile_big:

BBD

472 R/T SE

Thanks everyone.  I do remember people asking for updates when I got hurt and figured no better time than now. :wave:

I'm real slow at walking for now, but the pain's not nearly as unbearable as it once was.  The pain kept me out of therapy and trying to walk before.
I just would like to be able to jump in my car and go somewhere without having to dismantle my chair and drag it along. 
I'm hoping to be able to look at cars' engines and interiors, then get back in the chair next year at the shows.  I hated not being able to look at cars I hadn't seen before, one of the reasons I didn't go to many shows.
It's amazing, what got me started this year was working on my Charger.  I purposely parked my car so I had to walk the length of it to get to my MAC box.  I'd load up my pockets with tools and away I'd go.  Now that I think about it, it's my weighted down legs that made me have to try harder to walk that very well may have helped?  I know when I got to the other end my shorts were practically down to my knees. :o

I look forward to meeting everyone this summer. :yesnod:  Actually looking more forward to it than the coming holidays.  I can't help it if my priorities have taken some time off, ;)

Now if I could just get someone over to mow my yard. :D  THANKS for the uplifting responses.  Mike.

Charger1970

OMG that is wonderful! I don't think you realize what a wonderful gift you've given by sharing such an inspiring story. Suddenly I feel like a million dollars. :cheers:
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

Mopar440+6

Mike, that made my day a whole lot better! Hearing about you making it through this ordeal makes my problems (and everyone elses Im sure) seem a whole lot smaller. This is great news and just in time for Christmas! God bless and God speed! I look forward to shaking your hand at Chryslers at Carlisle 2006!
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

8WHEELER

I hear you Mike  :ahum:
Kind of a bummer to go to a show and the cars are so tight the wheelchair will not fit between them  :-\
Hard to see the engine bay very well and forget the interior. Hey are you taking me to Carlisle  ;D never been.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Mefirst

:2thumbs: Great News.. I wish you strenght to keep up with the hard work ahead of you.. -You can do it !

/Tom