News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Center Console Core..... Whats It Really Worth?

Started by Lost Sheep, March 23, 2010, 12:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Sheep

I am planning to buy a box of Misc. 69 Charger Parts so I was wondering what a black 69 Charger console core that isnt broken and still has the chrome/lights on it is worth? Its included in the lot.
Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

gtx6970

Original with no cracks? , auto or 4 speed ?, What color?

rough estimate ,bare plastic alone will bring  $250 and up quickly and expensively depending on variables above

ChargerST

New quality reproduction cores are about $250 and the lights about $110 a pair. So I would say about 250 for your used console including lights.

Lost Sheep

I just got the box of stuff but the damned console is busted in places and cracked.
Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

mysil bergsprekken

Is the auto console different from the 4spd, how?

Quote from: gtx6970 on March 23, 2010, 08:53:24 AM
Original with no cracks? , auto or 4 speed ?, What color?

rough estimate ,bare plastic alone will bring  $250 and up quickly and expensively depending on variables above
69 charger RT

mysil bergsprekken

Sorry about the question, but what is the "core"? (part on the center console?) And by the way, where can one get a complete center console for a 69? Thanks for your reply.
Quote from: ChargerST on March 23, 2010, 04:36:27 PM
New quality reproduction cores are about $250 and the lights about $110 a pair. So I would say about 250 for your used console including lights.
69 charger RT

WHITE AND RED 69

The core is the main plastic body of the console without any trim pieces on it. beaparts.com has just about everything for consoles. great service too.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Brock Lee

It sounds like you don't have much if the body is cracked. People would rather spend $250 on solid, new, not brittle plastic than $100 on one that needs work now and likely will require replacement later. The lights are not worth much used. They were used multiple years, across multiple cars and not always in consoles, so they are easy to find in used shape.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: mysil bergsprekken on August 26, 2010, 01:09:07 PM

[/quote]

Yes - It is bulged on the side to fit around the tunnel hump on a 4-speed car.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 26, 2010, 01:59:09 PM
The core is the main plastic body of the console without any trim pieces on it. beaparts.com has just about everything for consoles. great service too.

The parts look pretty - until you try and screw them all together.

stripedelete

If this is considered a hijacking - Sorry in advance.

What about the two-piece automatic consoles (rear hump is a separate piece of plastic), are they more rare?  More $$$? Were they for certian years or an attempted design upgrade that made the commonly cracked area replaceable?

70daytonaclone

that 2 piece is an older console. 66-67 year. I need a rear part for mine. Anybody got one for sale? It seems like a better idea to me, but we know that the $ rules with ma mopar.

Ghoste

Actually the two piece is a 1966 only thing.  You could easily retrofit one into a 67 but the 67 model as it came from the factory was fitted with the same console shell as the 68-70 models.

bull

Quote from: maxwellwedge on August 26, 2010, 08:59:54 PM
Quote from: mysil bergsprekken on August 26, 2010, 01:09:07 PM

Yes - It is bulged on the side to fit around the tunnel hump on a 4-speed car.

Yes and no. The console shell itself does not have a bulge, just a cutout for the four speed hump. The "bulge" is an add-on piece.