News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headrest questions

Started by runningman, January 02, 2006, 09:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

For all of you with headrest buckets on a 2nd gen, I have a couple of questions. I have a new repro set of headrests and  I am having someone make the hardware pieces I need out of plastic(nylon), the parts that go into the seat frames.  I have some old broken parts so we kind of have an idea of what to do.  Not sure where that small spring metal piece mounted to inside the frame, it is the part that hooks into the indentation on the rails.  Anyone know the height of the headrest when it's locked into that position?  Are they supposed to be adjustable or are you supposed to just leave them in that spot?  thanks  matt

694spdRT

The metal spring holds the headrest in different positions by locking in the indents like you mentioned. I am going off memory and don't have any pictures but, there should be a spot to mount the clips to on the frame.

The bench seat cars had a different type of metal locking piece and the headrest posts were staggered but, the same principle applied.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Paul 500

hope these pics help
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

runningman

Perfect, that is what I needed to see.  A couple more questions, the aftermarket headrest only has one indentation in it.  Do the others have multiple?  Also does the post bottom out on the bottom plastic bushing pieces or can it travel all the way down into the seat frame?  thanks alot!  matt

Paul 500

The originals only have one indentation on each post & the post bottoms out on the lower plastic thing. The 2 plastic things in the top left hand corner of the pic havent got holes going through them like the 2 to the right.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

runningman

Great thanks alot for the help!  matt