News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Church gave me a hard time with my Daytona, kind of.. :)

Started by hemi68charger, March 22, 2010, 06:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

I was chastised this past week at church (I volunteer with parking duty). I parked my car out in middle of the far portion of the parking lot, but everyone on their way to the main parking lot has to pass that section. A ton of people slowed or came to a stop to take a picture of the Daytona..  :mrgreen:

I thought they were kidding until I went down to "check it out" with assisting as director of a lane near my car. Sure enough, 60 to 70% of the cars slowed.. The line was backed up to the main road into the church..

Oppps...   :o

Of course, the guys at church were just ribbing me...... But, there was a lot of attention and someone left their business card. I brought the car so I could help flush out the "classic car" guys of the church for a possible future Church-based car show.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

OK - If no one else is going to say it.......A wing and a prayer.......There - said it!

Old Moparz

Sounds like grounds for excommunication to me.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 22, 2010, 06:50:04 PM
OK - If no one else is going to say it.......A wing and a prayer.......There - said it!

:smilielol:

That's great........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

jonw29

We had a little mini show @ our church a few weeks ago.It really brings the people out,Whether they know anything about cars or not.It was the first time out for my Talladega and I got the "My (fill in the blank)had one of those."A Talladega my be mistaken for a Torino but you could not m istake a Daytona for anything.At least you had enough people coming to church to cause a traffic jam.JW

Wingnut426

HEMI Daytona Convertible

ChgrSteve67

Trouble maker.

I got ripped one time for listening to the radio while pulling into the Church parking lot.

I've learned not to go to Church anymore.

Good thing I stopped going.  I almost went to hell.

Those priests will rat you out to the man up stairs.

And if I pulled in to a Church with my Charger they would be running out of the Church in droves ready to perform a exorcism.

nascarxx29

.Sort of a similar situation.I used to work for auto parts store .I had driven my superbird .While I was out picking up stock .They asked me to park it out of sight .They had picture takers foot traffic inquires inside the store :Twocents:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

twodko

A wing and a prayer.......There - said it!

Now that's funny right there!

Infidel
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bull

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on March 22, 2010, 09:58:32 PM

Those priests will rat you out to the man up stairs.

Right. Because he would have no idea what's going on otherwise. :lol:

Anyway, a wing car out front sounds like a good way to get people in the front doors.

tan top

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 22, 2010, 06:50:04 PM

:lol: good one MW  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

y3chargerrt

Imagine what they would have done if you owned a Demon!

hemi68charger

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on March 22, 2010, 09:58:32 PM
I've learned not to go to Church anymore.

Man,, that's too bad.. Apparently you went to the wrong one. I go to a multi-denominational church and love it.......  For a lack of a better term, it's "hip" with all generations, young and old alike. Has great children, teenager, singles, women's and men's programs.. Shoot, this Friday the Men of Community of Faith are having the big March Madness grille feast watching Friday night's games on the HUGE screen... It's always great fun......

OK, off my soapbox.......  :smilielol:

Troy

PS: Next time I'm going to get there early enough to park right in front of the church...... :)
Troy

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 23, 2010, 06:58:46 AM
PS: Next time I'm going to get there early enough to park right in front of the church...... :)

:yesnod:

Ask the priest to come out and bless it.

BB1

Delete my profile

hemi68charger

Forgot to mention............. Did meet a guy there with a, get this, and never in a million years would I have known if I didn't bring the car,,,,,,, but I met a guy who gave me thumbs up, needed to catch up with his wife and told me as he was walking away he had a '70 440 six pack v-code 4-speed Plum Crazy Challenger R/T...

I said,,, "Hey !!!!!  Wait !!!!" 

This was the 1st time I brought the Daytona to church.........

And no, nobody's going to burn in hell.............  :rotz:
Troy

Dave Kanofsky

That's a great way to flush out the car guys!  
It just goes to show that the Lord works in mysterious ways - you never know what he might use to bring people together.  

Here's an awesome sight for planning a church car show:
http://www.classiccarshowoutreach.com/

My dad ran one for 9 years at his church, it was very sucessful and brought many people to the church grounds who otherwise may not have come.  Quite a few joined the church because of the car show.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 23, 2010, 12:43:04 PM
That's a great way to flush out the car guys!  
It just goes to show that the Lord works in mysterious ways - you never know what he might use to bring people together.  

Here's an awesome sight for planning a church car show:
http://www.classiccarshowoutreach.com/

My dad ran one for 9 years at his church, it was very sucessful and brought many people to the church grounds who otherwise may not have come.  Quite a few joined the church because of the car show.

ChgrSteve67:

Dave K's my spiritual mopar advisor, so the Daytona's already been blessed...  :icon_smile_big:

And Dave's right, God does work in mysterious ways and what could be more fun than bringing people together than using your Mopar?
Troy

Dave Kanofsky

There's nothing wrong with bringing a Mopar to church, after all, even God drove a Plymouth!

The Bible says,  "God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in a Fury."
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

resq302

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 23, 2010, 02:51:46 PM
There's nothing wrong with bringing a Mopar to church, after all, even God drove a Plymouth!

Now thats funny! :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparstuart

yes a "PLYMOUTH "    :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Foreman72

hey good to see you again dave!

and that quote was hilarious :smilielol: :smilielol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Dave Kanofsky

Foreman72

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 23, 2010, 03:55:54 PM
Good to hear from you too Eric, how's school?

its great! just got back from spring break...worked on the car :yesnod: but its been going really well...its so hard to believe the first year is almost over...great classes...thanks for asking :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

69_500

Our church has a car/motorcycle show each summer. I have yet to make it to it though as it always seems to fall on a weekend when I'm in Michigan with Gene, or off to some other car show across this country.