News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RD's Roadrunner *update 5-3-11, she runs w/vid*

Started by RD, March 21, 2010, 03:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatbackFanatic

Looks great! :2thumbs: What color stripes are you going to put on it?
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

RD

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on March 22, 2010, 12:30:47 AM
Looks great! :2thumbs: What color stripes are you going to put on it?

black, just like she came with.. but there is a twist.  She was an original full vinyl top car, but I didnt want that, so she will get the roof stripe that she never had.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

PocketThunder

Sorry i missed you guys but i am out on my death bed this weekend.  Paint looks good! 

:2thumbs: 

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 22, 2010, 12:47:56 PM
Sorry i missed you guys but i am out on my death bed this weekend.  Paint looks good! 

:2thumbs: 

Paul
you just like to avoid dc.com members  :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

MOPARHOUND!

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

4cruzin

Way to go!  Looks like you learned alot more than I want to when it comes to body work!  I'm impressed!  :cheers:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

RD

Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on March 22, 2010, 03:46:43 PM
WOW RD, great job!  :2thumbs:

Lonnie.. your alive!!!! :D :D :D

thanks guys.. i sure do want to get started on my 73 charger now to be honest LOL.. but first, some rust spots on the BMW hehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mopar73

Fantastic RD :2thumbs:  Did the mountain dew truck stop by the shop every day or every hour? :smilielol:

RD

Quote from: mopar73 on March 22, 2010, 09:19:41 PM
Fantastic RD :2thumbs:  Did the mountain dew truck stop by the shop every day or every hour? :smilielol:

ummm.. that is funny, because yes it did.. in the form of 2 liter bottles of Mountain Dew! LOL how you know?

rav440

looks great  :cheers: what color stripes ? keep the pics comming those lower 1/4 panels patchs had to be a bitch to make i have to do the passenger side on mine hopefully the drivers side is still good but i havent gotten there yet  :o im dreadding making that panel it may not look like a big task to a pro but forr the guy that hasnt a clue and never formed metal before its a task .

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

694spdRT

Looks good! Thinking of painting the Challenger white so this is good inspiration. I don't think I can get her done in a week like you though.  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

RD

welp.. here are some pics of me putting the ol girl back together...  the front bumper has not been on this car since the 70s from what I understand and boy, it showed it.  talk about a pain in the butt!!! all the moving around the car did, i had to "come-along" the bumper brackets to get the bumper to line up.. the driver's side is still too low, so i will get that bent upwards later on.  

did windshield trim, grille, headlight trim, bumpers, and sidemarker lenses.. also, did the wiper assembly (arms, etc.) i have the rear bumper on too.. but it was getting late and I was getting hungry, so I didnt finish tightening down all the bumper bolts.

jb666

Good job man.. Seriously... That's a lot of work in a short time!!!

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

moparstuart

To bad you wont be done by may 2nd , I have been apointed again this year to get 12 road runners to do parade laps at the kansas speedway for the races .  Time warner sponsers the race .

RD

Quote from: moparstuart on April 02, 2010, 10:05:09 AM
  To bad you wont be done by may 2nd , I have been apointed again this year to get 12 road runners to do parade laps at the kansas speedway for the races .  Time warner sponsers the race .

MAY 2ND!!!  Count me in.. I am finishing the interior this weekend and will get the engine done by mid to late april.

moparstuart

Quote from: RD on April 02, 2010, 09:42:24 PM
 To bad you wont be done by may 2nd , I have been apointed again this year to get 12 road runners to do parade laps at the kansas speedway for the races .  Time warner sponsers the race .

MAY 2ND!!!  Count me in.. I am finishing the interior this weekend and will get the engine done by mid to late april.
call me if your serious
  2 free ticket to the indy race saturday the 1st and   two free ticket sunday nascar truck race  plus the parade lap (sunday only ) plus two free tshirts and hats

you may have to join HPAC if your not already a member

RD

Quote from: moparstuart on April 02, 2010, 10:37:13 PM
Quote from: RD on April 02, 2010, 09:42:24 PM

MAY 2ND!!!  Count me in.. I am finishing the interior this weekend and will get the engine done by mid to late april.
call me if your serious
   2 free ticket to the indy race saturday the 1st and   two free ticket sunday nascar truck race  plus the parade lap (sunday only ) plus two free tshirts and hats

you may have to join HPAC if your not already a member

will do

greenpigs

UPDATE

So what did you end up using for motorvat ion?

Not sure if you will think I'm insane but I would use the 400 and keep the stock reciprocating assembly, then see what you can get it to run. Sorta like building a NHRA stock class racer but the only "rules" are to keep the stock pistons and heads. Why bother you ask, dunno just a hang up I have.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

RD

piggy, well.. I have a 440 from a chrysler new yorker that I just bought.  I plan on swapping my 516 heads onto that (roughly 9.5-9.7 to 1 after that), putting in a 284/484 cam, 4bbl intake and a demon carb and just calling it good.. OR

keep a 400 in it with the cast pistons and hope for 9.2 to 1 compression.  I am leaning to the 440 just because its more bang for the buck to be honest.  I will pull the 440 in about 2 weeks and go from there.

here are some updated pics of progress:

moparstuart

nvrbdn

well, for those of us that were'nt at the race, we dont know if the nice white roadrunner got the 440 or the 400 and made the laps or not. but that popcorn looked pretty good!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RD

well, it got the 440, but i had the wrong pan... so after i get a couple of transmissions built this week, the pan will be changed out and maybe, just fricken maybe.. the car will be running before the 25th of this month... fingers doubly crossed.

jaak

Quote from: RD on August 08, 2010, 09:32:08 PM
well, it got the 440, but i had the wrong pan... so after i get a couple of transmissions built this week, the pan will be changed out and maybe, just fricken maybe.. the car will be running before the 25th of this month... fingers doubly crossed.

I was just wondering about this car today, while reading another post you made.....keep us updated!

Jason

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us