News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

He's going to lean on your car-car show nightmares

Started by mystarcollectorcar.com, March 20, 2010, 07:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mystarcollectorcar.com

Any of you guys who have had a car in a show-big or small can relate to this from personal experience.There are people at car shows who shouldn't go near anything more expensive than a rusty 1985 minivan.
http://www.mystarcollectorcar.com/2-features/editorials/550-qhes-going-to-lean-on-your-carq-nightmares-from-the-frontlines-of-car-shows.html

Silver R/T

you are taking a risk of people leaning, drooling, even sitting inside of your car if it's at a car show and you're not carefully watching.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Black Charger

It gets even worse if you decide to drive your car on the street with any regularity. You will find out in a hurry that most people have absolutely no respect for the property of others.

jaak

Quote from: Black Charger on March 21, 2010, 09:59:12 AM
It gets even worse if you decide to drive your car on the street with any regularity. You will find out in a hurry that most people have absolutely no respect for the property of others.

Tell me about it.....the night I finished installing the new interior in my '73 Charger, I stopped at a gas station around the corner from where I live. Theres always a bunch of guys hanging around there, well my Brother was there and I stopped by to show him the new interior. Well all the guys there was checking it out too, smoking cigarettes, poking there heads through the windows, opening doors, etc. with cigs hanging out there mouths. I was scared someone was gonna burn something, not to mention stinking up that 'new car' smell.

Pissed me off, I abruptly said "I gotta go", then jumped in the car and left.

Jason

Cooter

I use my tried and true line at cars shows when I get the famous response after I've jumped on somebody for touching my sh*t...
They usually say things like "Well, if you didn't want your car "Enjoyed" you should have never brought it out the garage"

And my reply..."How would you feel if I reached out and felt up your wife? I mean, afterall, if you didn't want anybody "Enjoying" her, you shoulda never brought her out the house!"
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

jaak

Quote from: Cooter on March 21, 2010, 04:20:44 PM
I use my tried and true line at cars shows when I get the famous response after I've jumped on somebody for touching my sh*t...
They usually say things like "Well, if you didn't want your car "Enjoyed" you should have never brought it out the garage"

And my reply..."How would you feel if I reached out and felt up your wife? I mean, afterall, if you didn't want anybody "Enjoying" her, you shoulda never brought her out the house!"

:smilielol: Great point!

Jason

Black Charger

Here's something that happened to me recently:
I went to the local Pizza Hut to pick up a pizza and I came out to find a young woman with her ass up against the passenger side rear of my car trying to get her kid out of her car. Keep in mind that she had plenty of room to park about a foot or two farther away, but did she pull back out and do this? No, she thought it was a good idea to try and pull/squeeze her kid from her car while leaning up against mine. When I came out I was just speechless. I glared at her and she didn't say a word, she just kept right on pulling her kid out. I watched her closely to make sure she didn't whack my car with her door. Then, when she finally walked away, I went over to look at my passenger side. Thankfully, no damage, but that incident right there totally brought home that fact that some people don't give a rat's ass about other people's property. I ofter wonder what would have happened had I not arrived back at my car when I did.

Mike DC

With General Lees this problem is completely off the chart.  

A few nicely-finished GL replicas have actually been repainted or sold off after the owner discovered how bad the problem really is. 

Cooter

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 21, 2010, 05:44:37 PM

QuoteThere are people at car shows who shouldn't go near anything more expensive than a rusty 1985 minivan.

With General Lee replicas this problem is completely off the chart.  

A few nicely-finished GL replicas have actually been repainted or sold off after the owner discovered how bad the problem really is.

Don't I know it... :rotz:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mike DC

(Oops, sorry.  I changed the post while you were responding to it, Cooter!)

Aero426

Do you guys realize the original poster is essentially a spammer?    Once again, he's posted the exact same topic linking to his site on umpteen message boards...

Cooter

But the message is still the same....The average public are idiots when it comes to car shows and others property...

Black Charger

Quote from: Cooter on March 21, 2010, 07:21:34 PM
But the message is still the same....The average public are idiots when it comes to car shows and others property...

Truer words have never been spoken!

Troy

Some guy backed into my R/T yesterday in a parking lot. He started to drive off because he didn't even realize he hit anything. Luckily, it caused all the damage to his car and just left silver paint on the corner of my bumper. Stupid people!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Did you post a comment on that mystarcollectorcar site because there's a verbatum copy there of what you wrote above?

1969chargerrtse

Last year at a show a women was leaning near my car with a pocket book off her shoulder with metal things hanging off.  I politely said please be careful, etc... About 10 mins later while I was sitting in my chair with my buddies next to me, she and her boyfriend came over and he started telling me how I shouldn't dis respect her and yell at her.  He started acting like the big hero boyfriend with stupid comments, I was surprised as none of that happened.  My buddies backed me up, as he went on about he had a better car etc.  They truly were 2 weird stupid people.  I was  :o
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Cooter

Quote from: bull on March 22, 2010, 02:23:12 AM

Did you post a comment on that mystarcollectorcar site because there's a verbatum copy there of what you wrote above?

Nope, but MY response is the same on other car sites I'm a member of and one guy said he was gonna use that response, so it coulda been him.,.

Cooter

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 22, 2010, 05:52:41 AM
she and her boyfriend came over and he started telling me how I shouldn't dis respect her and yell at her.  He started acting like the big hero boyfriend with stupid comments,

See, that's about the time when Dude woulda gotten the 'old "We gonna have a problem here?" response from me..Thisi s the kinda sh*t I can't stand...She goes back to her "Man" with  her feeling's hurt, so she wants the guys azz kicked or something...WTF?..

sixty8charger

Society.. People lack "humility" now adays..I am a young guy (25), maybe it was the way I was brought up.. But I give respect, and I expect respect. What are people trying to prove all the time? That's what I don't understand. The comment, "my car is better" who gives a sh*t! I am not competing with you!? Does it matter?  But yet people (certain stereotypes mainly) only have one view in life, and it makes me sick.. And people wonder why I never want kids.. I am venting.. My appologies.. No belts chains or purses should be allowed at car shows
Jayson

sixty8charger

And why do people only rely on fighting eachother for stupid sh*t? You disrespected my girl, I am going to set you straight.. Really?  This is how you show your "strength" is that it? Ok tough guy..  And this attitude is realivant in children today.. Can't fight, know no respect.. Lack humility.. Figure they will solve problems by bringing guns to school.. And maybe people will respect them now? ..what? Are you serious!!??

Venting again..

Discipline your kids. I hate when kids (under the lack or parental guidance) walk up tou your car and place their sticky nasty dirty hands all over the fresh paint job, that you spent 150 something hours of body and paint prep work on.. But yet, not one bit of respect. 
Jayson

RECHRGD

I've had some, but not many problems with adults.  It's mostly the unsupervised kids that can really cause problems.  The promoters of the shows along with the participants should just not allow large dogs, bicycles, skateboards and kids with tackle boxes stuck on their bodies to be allowed in the show area.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

41husk

I like to drive my cars, so I have taken them to the store, theater, school and other meetings.  I am not a fan of some one taking two or even three parking spots, so I always try to park away from other cars to avoid some of the above horror stories.  What really gets me is when I park out in the south forty, and there is not a car anywere near me, only to come out and find someone has parked right next to me.  Yes there are spots all around, they couldn't park one or two over so they couldn't accidentally do damage.  No, they have to be right next door :RantExplode:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on March 22, 2010, 10:08:15 AM
I like to drive my cars, so I have taken them to the store, theater, school and other meetings.  I am not a fan of some one taking two or even three parking spots, so I always try to park away from other cars to avoid some of the above horror stories.  What really gets me is when I park out in the south forty, and there is not a car anywere near me, only to come out and find someone has parked right next to me.  Yes there are spots all around, they couldn't park one or two over so they couldn't accidentally do damage.  No, they have to be right next door :RantExplode:
I do the same exact thing .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 41husk on March 22, 2010, 10:08:15 AM

My dad and my mom went to the fair back in the '80s and my dad had just gotten his '69 GTO painted. He paid for two parking spots so he could take up two spots. Afterwards they came out to find someone kicked in the doors of the car. :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

sixty8charger

Jayson