News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heater box pics

Started by Purple68, March 20, 2010, 10:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple68

I'm hoping someone could post a pic or 2 showing the heat outlet area so I can repair mine to look how it's supposed to. here's a couple of how it looks now. :eek2:

mikepmcs

oooh hang on, i think shakey has a thread on this.  don't go away.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

BLAM!!!
Courtesy of Mike(shakey) and a special thanks to Cody(69bronzeT5) for making it so easy to find.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13150.0.html
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Purple68

Thanks for the link. :cheers: It looks like I might not be missing too much material. If anyone has any closer pics of the heat outlet area post em up. :icon_smile:

Paul 500

i think you are missing too much to rebuild it.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

Purple68

Ahhh, I see. There is quite a bit broken off of mine. Well it has been that way since I owned the car so I'll make do one way or the other. I'm going to get busy with the fiberglass tomorrow and see what I can do. The good thing is it's where you can't really see it anyways. Thanks for posting the pics, it helps a lot!  :cheers:

hemi68charger

I saw one on moparts I believe for $50.......... Complete.......

66-70 heater box.No cracks and blower motor works.Flaps move freely.Has mounting nuts for engine side of firewall and mounting bracket for the inside.Can email other pics.I take paypal or postal money order only.$50.00 plus shipping.Pm me here or email me at generallee6901@verizon.net
IF REQUESTING OTHER PICS PLEASE SEND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU PM ME!

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Purple68

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 24, 2010, 10:30:00 AM

Thanks for the heads up but I'm already started fixing mine and shipping gets real expensive up to Canada.
So far I have the hole on the top patched and made a new bracket for the cable.

twodko

Great job you're doing on the box, it'll be as good as new! Keep posting pix please.

Just an observation......that's a sorry looking pair of pliers. hahaha

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Purple68

Thanks, sure I'll post some more pics as I go. I'm no pro but I'll do what I can. If anyone else has a closer pic of the passenger side outlet I'd love to see it. Yep, the pliers have been with me awhile.   :lol:

maxwellwedge

We're Canadian - Those are Metric pliers!  :lol:

twodko

I humbly stand corrected.

Tom

Shakey

Quote from: Purple68 on March 24, 2010, 01:24:45 PM

Thanks for the heads up but I'm already started fixing mine and shipping gets real expensive up to Canada.

You're a braver man than I - well done!

Purple68

Quote from: Shakey on March 25, 2010, 08:02:42 PM
Quote from: Purple68 on March 24, 2010, 01:24:45 PM

You're a braver man than I - well done!

Well I can do it fairly easily I think, if I can get another pic or 2. If not I'm just gonna shape it so it looks better and not worry about it.

Purple68

Some progress pics.

Purple68

I need to do some more sanding on the rough coat then I will fill the spots missed on the first coat and try and shape the outlet a little more.

Purple68

A couple more progress pics.

Purple68

I also carefully got the motor apart and cleaned, lubed, and checked the brushes. Surprisingly about half the brush length remains so I'm glad I can just go with it as is. I'm getting ready to paint the box then I just have to wait for the foam kit to arrive and I can finish up.

gtx6970

the wife is gonna be pissed :slap: when she finds out your doing this on the kitchen table

Purple68

Well the old table doesn't matter anymore and there is no wife soooo...I can do whatever the heck I want!  :smilielol:

Purple68

Well, I got it painted, just need the foam/seal kit and I'm set. I'm pretty happy how it came out. I'll post a couple more when it's finished.

bull

Paul 500

i thought it was to far gone to repair, you've done an excellent job
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

twodko

Give yourself a pat on the back! Not only did you use what you had, you stuck with it and the proof of your skills are in these pictures. Nicely done buddy.

Tom

billschroeder5842

Nice job--very good!

So, start to finish, how many hours do you think it took you?
Texas Proud!