News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How can I get my door open?

Started by ron73440, December 09, 2005, 03:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron73440

My passenger door won't open. If it's unlocked it'll move a couple of inches and stop. Is there anyway to get it open that doesn't involve crowbars?  :smilie_help: :cussing: :mad: :smash:
I LIKE BEER!!!
USMC

THE CHARGER PUNK

a good boot might help(LoL) or you could take off the door panel and dissasemble it from the inside-MATT

NHCharger

Quote from: ron73440 on December 09, 2005, 03:10:04 PM
If it's unlocked it'll move a couple of inches and stop.

I can't believe there is that much play with the latch assembly. Have you tried picking the bottom of the door up when you open the door?  Sounds like your hinges need re-building and the door is catching on the top side of the latch assembly.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Chryco Psycho

try lifting the weigh toff the door or wind the window down & try to trip the latch from inside the door

ron73440

I've tried pickin up on the door, I never noticed any sagging or anything just one day it wouldn't open guess I'll have to try to pick it from the inside. thanks for the advice
I LIKE BEER!!!
USMC

GTX

It's not binding against the fender right?

I once had a hinge go out on me and it caused the door to bind.

ron73440

It's not binding on the fender, it won't open far enough to even hit it
I LIKE BEER!!!
USMC