News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen tranny mount?

Started by charger_cody, March 17, 2010, 06:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

Does anyone have a pic of the underside of their 3rd gen? There are 2 triangle looking kinda blocks of steel, maybe a tranny mount? Not a clue where they go.

Also

There has to be some sort of linkage that goes from the shift handle to the shifter on the trans. Any pics of what it might look light?

Thanks in advance guys!!!!  :cheers:

Cody

rudyjrusa

is this what you are looking for??

charger_cody

Umm kinda. But that peice doesn't come off does it? Atleast mine didn't when I took the other motor out.

Cody

71383bee

Quote from: charger_cody on March 17, 2010, 06:53:11 PM
Does anyone have a pic of the underside of their 3rd gen? There are 2 triangle looking kinda blocks of steel, maybe a tranny mount? Not a clue where they go.

Also

There has to be some sort of linkage that goes from the shift handle to the shifter on the trans. Any pics of what it might look light?

Cody

I don't have a picture, but I know what you are talking about.  The shift lever on the tranny connects to the slapstick linkage with a rod that has an adjustable pin on the tranny end and it attaches with a pin to a horizontal lever on the slapstick linkage shaft which is vertical.  I hope this helps. 
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

charger_cody

Quote from: 71383bee on March 18, 2010, 10:14:22 PM
Quote from: charger_cody on March 17, 2010, 06:53:11 PM

Also

Cody

I don't have a picture, but I know what you are talking about.  The shift lever on the tranny connects to the slapstick linkage with a rod that has an adjustable pin on the tranny end and it attaches with a pin to a horizontal lever on the slapstick linkage shaft which is vertical.  I hope this helps. 

I instantly knew what you were talking about thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cheers:

Cody