News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wisdom teeth come out tomarrow 12/9

Started by The Ghoul, December 09, 2005, 12:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

Ok, I’m freaked out right now. Tomorrow morning (9am) I am due at the oral surgeons to get all four of my wisdom teeth extracted. I didn’t think that I would be this freaked about it. This is my first time being ‘put under’ for any procedure.
Any tips for recovery, so far the doc prescribed all the fun drugs and suggested I have some one wake me up every 4 hours to take em weather I think I need em or not.

Brock Samson

well I don't wannas scare ya but, when they did mine,. I had a stuffy head cold and i could only breath through my mouth. I was completely knocked out and afterwards my mouth filled up with blood and i very nearly choked to death cause i was strapped to a gurney on my back, ...finally, the nurse heard me choaking and released the straps so i could turn my head and drain and finally breath again...
i will never forget the muzac was playing Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head..   :-\
I have allways refused drugs since.

Troy

I had mine cut out but the worst part was waking up just barely before the anesthetic wore off. I didn't go through much swelling or pain though. I think everyone is a little different so I hope yours goes well. :thumbs:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

694spdRT

I had all 4 removed a few years ago. The surgery went fine but, the recovery was a little rough. The dentist had one tooth that he had trouble with and it left a rather large opening. They packed my mouth and sent me home with Hydrocodone. The dentist said to call if the bleeding did not let up....well 6 hours later it was still flowing bad so my wife called the dentist and he recommended putting a tea bag over it. After another hour that seemed to do the trick and the bleading stopped.

The main thing for you to do is listen about avoiding dry sockets. My best friends wife and my grandma both had it and it is a very painfull thing to get. So pay attention on what they tell you...I remember not using drinking straws is a big one.   
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Figgy

I had my wisdom teeth extracted. The surgery went well. I didn't really have that much pain after. I went to school the day after I had them removed. I didn't take any of the medications that the doctor prescribed. I don't like taking any sort of pills.

inhrmswy

I've had all of mine out too.  first time they only took one, it was growing in sideways and screwing up my other teeth.  procedure wasnt bad and i was at six flags the next day with my buddys riding the roller coasters.   the second time they got the other three, also very easy, except they had to crush 2 of them to get them out.  I was awake for the whole thing with only novacaine, no gas or anything like that.  I remember feeling the pressure, heard the crack then felt them pulling the bits out and scraping my lower jawbone.    Gotta love navy dentists :icon_smile_big:

NYCMille

It's not that bad... I did the same thing last year, not too painful, the only thing was that it took me a long time to get used to the holes where the teeth used to be. Just remember to keep the cotton in there and follow the rinse instructions RELIGIOUSLY!

Oh... they'll give you some good meds, so enjoy those, there a lot of fun :yesnod:

GTX

I only had one wisdom tooth, guess that explains a bunch about me!!

I didn't have much trouble but I refused the pain meds afterwards and then ended up getting just a couple.
Not too big of deal a little nausea afterwards from swallowing blood. They didn't even knock me out, just a regular shot and away we went!

Silver R/T

I wouldnt get them removed unless you REALLY need to, if it aint broken dont fix it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger Aficionado

Ha ha...  I got mine done in boot camp.  There was a Constantina Wire eating Drill Instructor in the hallway, so I couldn't even ask questions.  Stayed awake, but I wish I hadn't.  This Mo'Fo' Navy Doc, stuck his foot up on the chair and YANKED that bastard out!!!  I was sorta shocked, but maintained "Dicipline" (my Military Bearing).  If I was a civilian I would've probably said "WTF"??? 

- Over.

P.S. Not high on the "Most Memorable Pain" list. 

694spdRT

I should have mentioned the pain was not bad with mine either...although the Hydrocodone may have helped that.   ;D

It was just the bleeding that caused my problems. Otherwise, it was no big deal.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

SuBLimE 69

They have been telling me for 10 years to get mine out.  they set a date and I never show up....about 4 times now....hehe... :icon_smile_tongue:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

JimShine

Getting knocked out is the easiest part. Here is how it goes. You get a needle, then they make you breathe this gas and count backwards, you will get down a few numbers then next thing you know you wake up feeling like you are drunk and its over. The pain afterward is not bad, just some swelling. I ate steak the night I had my wisdom teeth out, though they suggest not to.

Beer

I had all four pulled when I was 18...they did em the Friday before a long weekend...naturally they got infected and by Monday I was a hurting puppy.  Drugs eased the pain when I was able to get them Tuesday! 

Wasn't all that bad till they got infected. Worse memorial day weekend ever though...
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

generalfan01

i had mine out a couple months ago, and i was nurveous just like ya, its really painless, but i suggest you dont go up and down alot of stairs. i did this to come on the comp to check this site the hour after i had my teeth out, and i went back up the stairs and it was like a train hit me with pain. you'll feel good for a while afterwords but then it hits you.

The Ghoul

Well the fog of the good drugs has lifted. I spent all yesterday (after the procedure) sleeping. My mom woke me up every 6 hours to take the antibiotics and perkiest(sp?). My neck hurt when ever I swallowed, then that went away and now my back right jaw hurts when I swallow. I’ve stayed on the meds because im a puss. Its not all that bad except for after 4 hours the meds start to wear off and my jaw and the sides of my face start to hurt like crazy and I can only take the meds every 6 hours so its two hours of pain until I can re-take. The doc sent me home with gaws and told me to wet them with cold water and bite em if they start bleeding again.
I’m worried about the dry socket thing but I have been avoiding straws and im not a smoker so I should be fine.
Yeah the procedure was noting, I can’t believe how worried I was.
They gassed me, then put an IV in my arm and started some medication drip. I fell asleep and woke up and they were working on me, I was freaked out I thought I woke up in the middle of the procedure! the doc told me "we know your awake we are just finishing stitching you up, 2 minutes and we will be all done here." well they finished walked me out to a recovery room where they explained all the care instructions to my mom and we were on our way.
I had to have some roots extracted about 5 years ago with just numbing and that wasn’t a fun procedure to be awake for so I can’t imagine it with this! I am so glad I went with the being put under. I am even gladder that I can eat soup today!! Maybe tomorrow I will try Mac and cheese!

694spdRT

Glad to hear you came through it alright.  :thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

Brock Samson

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

The Ghoul

Quote from: Stratocharger on December 11, 2005, 02:25:43 AM
Moms are great a'int they!?..   ;)
yeah she has been great about every thing.
she keeps fussing over me a little too much. When ever i try to help the family out with something (renovating the living room) she keeps chasing me back to my room.
It was kinda funny yesterday we went to cut down x-mas trees at my uncles and she insisted I stay inside when they go out into the cold. So While every one was out getting the trees i was sitting inside with a hot mug of cocoa and my baby nephew.
Well when they finaly came back they found us both passed out in the chair..
Its kinda nice re-couping all this week. Sence i just got back from school it gives me a chance to visity with every one and get used to being home before i have to rush off to work.

Old Moparz

Glad to hear your teeth still work & you get to sleep. Play it up as long as you can & maybe winter will be better if you can get room service & such. My dentist takes an X-Ray every so often to see what my wisdom teeth are doing. They sit sideways under the gumline or something, but they haven't bothered me so they're staying right where they are. I know people who had them removed & they always seem to be in their 20's or early 30's when they did it. I was worried for a long time since everyone complained about pain, before during & after, but now being in my 40's, I don't think I'm going to have any problem with them. The rest of my teeth are crooked, but they're in good shape otherwise.

I'll save the money so my daughter can get braces. I know she'll need them since I probably could've used them & my wife had them when she was younger.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry