News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One Discount Code

Started by CornDogsCharger, March 21, 2010, 02:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

After going to a local cruise in last night and realizing halfway hom that I did not have any tail/brake lights along with other wiring issues I have finally had enough..... time to buy a new dash harness and forward light/engine harness.  I'm tired of all of these problems.  I was wondering if anyone has the most recent discount code for Year One.  Everyone knows that harnesses are high dollar and every peeny saved would be a plus.  Thanks!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

mauve66

hey Justin, i just ordered all 3 of mine from YO with the superbowl discount saved $200), wait for the 20% saves the most but you can't use it with the volume discount (10% for $1000), fyi, the engine/forward light harness is still on back order from the superbowl, no ETA either, (well actually, i ordered the modified harness for elect. dist and bigger alt, so a stock one might be available)

just FYI also
to do the rear light harness properly you will have to take down the whole left side interior of the car the long center trim piece above the trunk divider and remove the trunk divider and unbolt the rear of the flat steel panel in the fastback area (area you can lay on) and take the whole taillight assembly out of the car to get to the reverse and license plate lights

i've got the rear harness in now but haven't started the dash harness yet, wanted to wait for the engine/forward light harness so i can modify the bulhead connector to stop the amp gauge from over heating

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

CornDogsCharger

Hey man, thanks for the advice.  Actually, I am not replacing the rear lamp harness.  It is in good shape.  The problem I was having with the tail lights was up in the fuse box.  I had the fuse box hanging and it would work, but if you slightly twisted the box, they would go out.  There are so many splices and butt connectors under the dash and also under the hood that you would have sworn a rat made a nest of everything.  Plus, on top of that, the original wires that are still in use are very brittle.  But as I said before, surprisingly, the rear harness is nice. 

I also plan to go with the updated forward harness so that I can convert it to the more modern elec. distributor and box. 

Any idea when the next 20% sale will come around?

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.