News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

750 holley 4160

Started by 66chargertoy, March 14, 2010, 05:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66chargertoy

Ok! So I just finished rebuilding my holley carb. I got this holley about two years ago used and it has not worked properly lately :RantExplode:. So I put in a kit that came with it (which was easier than I thought :boogie:). Question is, the carb has a Secondary Metering Body Assembly to it. Is this common? :shruggy: From what I have been reading, most 4160 750s do not come with this. The carb is an older one because of the lack of a blow by valve. These are the only numbers that I found stamped on it :
4519(secondary block)
6R2762
P-36
2R4233
Sorry, no pics. I cant' find my camera anywhere :flame:
Denis
1966 440 Charger

62 Max

The older 3310's came with a secondary metering block.You can change jets where as the later you either have to drill the main metering orifices or replace the plates to get a change.You have the better of the two carbs.

66chargertoy

Perfect :2thumbs:! Thanks for the quick reply.
Denis
1966 440 Charger

firefighter3931

Quote from: 62 Max on March 14, 2010, 05:22:57 PM
The older 3310's came with a secondary metering block.You can change jets where as the later you either have to drill the main metering orifices or replace the plates to get a change.You have the better of the two carbs.

Yep, the metering block makes things much easier for dialing in the secondary jetting.  :2thumbs:

What jets are installed in the metering block Denis ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

66chargertoy

Hey Ron. Finished my day shifts, so didn't' get to your reply right away. Primary jets are 72 with 76 at the rear (I think :scratchchin:, suffering from C.R.A.F.T. disease :rofl:).
Denis
1966 440 Charger

firefighter3931

Quote from: 66chargertoy on March 19, 2010, 04:16:21 PM
Hey Ron. Finished my day shifts, so didn't' get to your reply right away. Primary jets are 72 with 76 at the rear (I think :scratchchin:, suffering from C.R.A.F.T. disease :rofl:).
Denis

I have lots of jets so if need be we can make some adjustments.  ;)

CRAFT huh...been there, lol !  :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs