News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

quarter panel replacement?

Started by noff57, March 15, 2010, 04:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noff57

I need to replace the pass. lower rear quarter panel.

Should I just replace the or replace the whole quarter?

What would you guys do?

Cooter

I've found that you never know what's Hiding behind there until you pull the entire quarter off....

I usually use the quarter "Skins", as AMD has still lost their minds on full quarter panel prices and prefers to sell to the Rich right now....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Silver R/T

strip whole quarter and see what shape its in.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

noff57

Where is the best place to buy a quarter panel replacement?

SFRT

Auto Metal Direct. I would recommend replacing the entire quarter, lot less chance of problems. it will also let you access and reapir any inside hidden rot.

considering that 2 years ago the only replacement qurters you could get where like 2500 bucks...the 800 dollar AMD quarters are very reasonably priced versus the cost of an acceptable patch job by a competant bodyman. 800 bucks gets you maybe 10 hours time, not to mention the cost of bondo or whatever and no way can you decently install and primer ready finish a giant 1/4 panel patch in 10 hours. no way. :Twocents:
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ktneifert09

I'm buying new quarters for both sides.  Jeff at 521 Restorations gave me a discount on the AMD quarters.  You can find his info on this site - do a search. 
Plans are useless; planning is indispensible.
Especially with an old car!

Patronus

:iagree:
I too bought quarters from Jeff. He was traveling and was able to have them shipped direct....saving me days of down time :2thumbs:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

noff57