News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 rear valence for exhaust

Started by raw201, March 16, 2010, 11:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raw201

Are all rear valences standard, i.e. are the cut outs the same?  Or, are they different depending if you got machine gun tips?   :shruggy:  Thanks!

Rich

Iron Chef

As I understand it, they are all the same.  You either had cutouts for tips (which were also all the same) or you didn't (as was the case of cars built at the Los Angeles plant).

I don't believe anyone is making re-pops, but I could be wrong about that.
Most of your life should be "off the record."

1972Rallye

The valances are different for cars with the chrome (machine gun) tips - There is a cut-out for the tips to pass under.  Non-tip cars got a flat/smooth valance.  71 and 72 are the same for either version. 73 and 74 are the same as well but different fom 71 and 72. . They have large notches for the bumper brackets that were mandatory on those cars.

I believe they are being reproduced... the links in Nacho's post should help.

raw201

Quote from: Iron Chef on March 16, 2010, 12:12:29 PM
As I understand it, they are all the same.  You either had cutouts for tips (which were also all the same) or you didn't (as was the case of cars built at the Los Angeles plant).

I don't believe anyone is making re-pops, but I could be wrong about that.

The reason I ask is that it would appear as tho mine has notches (cutouts) for exhaust but they don't appear to be large enough.  Based on the pic, do I have a cutout valence that will work with tips?  Thanks once again!  :cheers:

71_Charger_R/T

Rich, The valence you have pictured is the "standard" non-tipped exhaust valence. AMD is reproducing the "machine gun" tip valences as well as the standard  ones for $249.00 Here is a link   http://www.autometaldirect.com/ListItems/SubCategory/Header%20-%20Valance/Rear%20Valance.aspx

raw201

gschmidt211

Here's a close up of what it looks like on the car (with cutouts for the tips). This is for 1971 and 1972.
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab