News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help a brother out...Anyone with an unrestored '71 Super Bee?

Started by Iron Chef, March 15, 2010, 10:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Chef

I'm looking for the proper placement of the rear decklid emblem that says "Charger/Dodge Division"

Is there anyone out there that has a '71 Super Bee that has NOT been repainted and can take some measurement for me?  I say not repainted because I'd like to find out where the factory placed the emblem.

Thanks for any help.  :cheers:
Most of your life should be "off the record."

THE STIG

I can't help you with that but if you want to post up some pics of your Bee it would be ok with me.

Rallye

This factory drawing may help.  Looks like it's saying there should be .61 inches from bottom of the emblem to the lower edge of the deck lid and 5.51 inches from the right edge of the emblem to the right edge of the deck lid.
But hopefully someone out there with an unrestored Bee can confirm this.

1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

gschmidt211

Do you have the same layout for the 1972 emblems?  I have the print that shows the rear deck lid decal placement, but not the emblem.  For 1972, the Dodge and the Charger were separate.  I have 1972 Rallye, my emblems were missing from the deck lid.

Per chance, do you have a drawing that shows the correct emblems for the C-pillar "Charger" and Charger logo emblems?  Most of the emblems were missing from my car when I picked it up.

My buddy has a '71 Bee. His has been restored, but he located the emblem pretty close to where the drawing indicated.  One note on emblem location was that from what I have heard and see, the location can vary from plant to plant and even shift to shift (person to person).  The standards and specifications back then were not exactly the 6 Sigma standards that may be in place today.  There was a location called out on the print, but that does not mean that every car was exactly the same going down the line of each plant that produced the car.  I think the drawing should be pretty good.

Here's my buddy's is below.

My car:

http://gallery.me.com/gschmidt211#100047
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

Iron Chef

Thanks for the great photo...and...HOLY CRAP!  WHERE DID YOU GET THAT DRAWING????  That's perfect!

A million thanks to all!  :cheers:

Iron Chef

Well I went out last night and took some measurements.  As suspected, my emblem on the trunk lid is off by about 2" horizontal and only slightly off vertical.  The "Bee" decal?  Forget it.  Looks like it was just slapped on there.  Good thing I oredered all new stuff!

Thanks again everyone.  :cheers:

And Rallye...I don't know where you came up with that drawing but that was huge.  Is there an online resource somewhere?

FJ6N96

Quote from: Iron Chef on March 15, 2010, 09:55:47 PM
Thanks for the great photo...and...HOLY CRAP!  WHERE DID YOU GET THAT DRAWING????  That's perfect!

A million thanks to all!  :cheers:

Iron Chef,

You can find a lot of info for 71 Bees at the following web site:  www.71superbee.com

FJ6

Iron Chef

Quote from: FJ6N96 on March 16, 2010, 10:53:20 AMIron Chef,

You can find a lot of info for 71 Bees at the following web site:  www.71superbee.com

FJ6

I'm on that site...was never able to find drawings!  Maybe I need to look harder!  Thanks!

Nacho-RT74

no, those drawings are not there. Some of them were posted at hamtramck website but Chysler required to be eliminated from there because legal copyright problems. Some ppl, were able to copy them before they were removed from website
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Rallye

Quote from: gschmidt211 on March 15, 2010, 09:20:37 PM
Do you have the same layout for the 1972 emblems?  I have the print that shows the rear deck lid decal placement, but not the emblem.  For 1972, the Dodge and the Charger were separate.  I have 1972 Rallye, my emblems were missing from the deck lid.
Unfortunately I don't have a drawing for the 72 deck lid emblems.  I'm in a similar boat with my car, as half of my emblems were either missing or broken.  If someone out there does have any factory drawings for 72, please post up. 

Quote from: gschmidt211 on March 15, 2010, 09:20:37 PM
Per chance, do you have a drawing that shows the correct emblems for the C-pillar "Charger" and Charger logo emblems?  Most of the emblems were missing from my car when I picked it up.
Don't have this drawing either.  But I do have correct part numbers if that helps.  The "Charger" emblems are 3613794 (right) & 3613795 (left).  The logo (arrow) emblem is 3680357.

Quote from: Iron Chef on March 16, 2010, 10:47:54 AM
And Rallye...I don't know where you came up with that drawing but that was huge.  Is there an online resource somewhere?
There's no online resource that I know of anymore.  This was one of those drawings rescued from the Hamtramck website before they were eliminated.  I try to keep copies of all this type of stuff when I run across it so they're available when one of us needs the info. 
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum